In the Woods

Aphamau's POV

     I sit by a tree sobbing, asking myself typical breakup questions. "Why? Why did he leave me? What did I do wrong? Was it me or was it him?" After this questioning phase that might never be answered it goes to blaming. I blame myself for everything. "I knew I was too ugly. I knew I wasn't perfect enough. I knew I wasn't girlfriend material. I'm so stupid!" Then it goes to hurting myself.

     Going through a breakup in my opinion is so hard. I grab a pocket knife from my bag and start stabbing the tree that I was leaning on. Then it reminded me of something.

Flashback

"Babe? Will we be together forever?" I ask Garroth. We were walking through the woods. Hand in hand.

"Of course. You are the best girlfriend. I never want to let you go. You know what?" He says and stops. We stop near a pond and under a great big tree. "To prove it to you, on this tree I will carve in my love for you." He says with a smile. He pulls out his pocket knife and carves in a heart and A+G=❤️ inside it onto the tree.

"Babe, I will always love you no matter what. Hold out your hand." I hold out my hand and he puts his pocket knife in my hand. He closes my hand and holds it tightly. "Keep this. This is me. If you let go of it, you let go of me." He says with such a beautiful smile that I knew I would never forget.

Flashback End

     I look at the pocket knife in my hand. I run to the pond that we once carved our love onto. I run with my hair flowing in the wind. Running and running. Until I reach it.

      I stare at the tree. I stare at the stupid carving and promises we made at this place. I take the knife and stab the tree multiple times. I take the knife look at it once more.

"Stupid knife!" I say starting to sob once more, " I wasn't the one who let go! You were! You lied! You hurt me!" I say and sit on the ground.

     I cry and cry and cry. It felt endless. I cried in my arms wishing he would come back and comfort me. But no one comes. I am sat there waiting and crying.

     I finally realize he isn't coming. I wipe some of my tears but it's useless. They just keep coming back. At least they love me. I take the knife and throw it across the pond. It hit the tree at the other side.

     I just sit there. Waiting for him to come. Waiting for someone to make me happy. Waiting and waiting. But it's just not helping.