Chapter 1 - Victoria Dunham

The dawn breaks. The first light seeps through across the horizon, overflowing with warm golden rays of sunlight. It is one of her favourite time of the day because it signifies the start of the day and hence, the beginning of endless possibilities life may present upon her. Yes, she is Victoria Rose Dunham, a she-wolf from the Rising Crescent Pack.

Victoria's POV
I pulled up my sheer white curtains and looked out of my window. It is still slightly dark outside with a tint of soft glow from the sun. Then I walked over and opened my double glass door. The cool breeze welcomed me eagerly and I shivered slightly as the wind glided past my exposed skin. I hugged my arms and leaned on the metal railings on the balcony and took a deep breath.

"God this feels gooddddd!" I smile widely to myself. I waited a while to see the horizon brightening, then decided to head back into my attic bedroom. This is literally my dream bedroom as you can imagine. I have my own personal lounging space, and a freaking balcony. Not to mention the high ceiling and the coziness here. I mean this place is the epitome of coziness. When nobody opted for the attic rooms in the pack house I immediately shot my hand up and got this room to myself.

I then quickly grabbed some jogging thighs, running tank tops and my sports bra and headed down to the end of the corridor outside my room. I took a speedy shower and was ready by 7am. After climbing the endless flight of stairs I reached the ground floor of the pack house and continued to jog outside towards the training ground. It was a huge open area for pack trainings or sometimes large assembly. I ran five circuits around the training ground and was already panting slightly. A strong werewolf would have no issues with his stamina.

I may not be a fast runner but I'm definitely a good swimmer. I jogged slowly into the forest just beside the pack house and surely, I reached the beautiful waterfall that is plunging down gently into a slow moving, large body of river. We called it the Izar River. Large amount of vegetation surrounded it and the water was really clear to swim in. Without waiting I took off my tank top and running shoes and climbed up to a smooth rock surface just below the upstream of the waterfall. I screamed in joy and dived straight into the water. I internally gasped as the cold water came into contact with my skin before breaking the water surface to catch my breath.

"Its so cold! But I'm glad I have this all to myself.." I thought. After a few more jumps I got out and didn't bothered that I'm drenched in my sports bra and thighs. Running back to the pack house, I showered quickly again before slipping into some big t-shirt and a pair of denim jeans, ready for school. I ran down quickly again to the dining room and most of the pack were already digging into those delicious pancakes and sausages.

"Oi Randy! Pass me the ketchup will you?"
"Mommy I found a flower!"
The first floor was filled with the pack members and I smiled a little to myself, happy to be part of this big family.
"Hey Paul!" I greeted one of my pack warriors. He's at his 40s but still strong and buff. I love that guy. "Mornin'!" He grabbed my shoulder reassuringly smiling widely before joining his mate for breakfast.

I sped walk to my parents, Lilly and Ralph Dunham and gave them both a peck on the cheek. "Morning mom, dad!" I said smiling.
"Good morning to you too sweetie", mum giggled. My parents are normal pack members but I'm awfully thankful for their unconditional love for me all these years. Can't ask for better parents. I greeted some others of the pack and grabbed some food greedily. I was ready to gobble them up before someone put their hand out to steal my strawberries.

"Hey! Don't ever steal my food!" I slapped the hand away and turned to see Megan, my best friends. Megan Collins.

We basically grew up together ever since we just began crawling. We did everything together ever since. We went from skipping to elementary school hand in hand to bitching and gossiping about boys and everything. She's also Alpha Trenton's daughter. Being gorgeous with her auburn wavy hair, forest green eyes and hot body, she's the 'it girl' in our pack and school. But don't be fooled, she's as crazy and funny as hell. Another of my bestie would be Heather Evans and she is Delta Luke's daughter.

"Relax Jesus Vic..! You're acting like a 5 year old." Megan laughed. I stuck out my tongue and my plate of food was gone within 5 minutes. She shook her head, amused and said, "Let's go babe. Don't wanna be late for school!"
"Where's Heather?" I asked.
"I'm right here! God these books are killing me." She exclaimed. Heather is more of the smart geeky one amongst us. But what can I say, beauty and brain. Her long platinum blonde hair tied up in a bun contrasted with her stormy blue eyes and she looks too pretty for that nerdy spectacles she likes to wear. But it's her style so I'm totally cool with it.

I love them both. Although I look like an ugly duckling beside them with my short frizzy ginger hair and boring brown eyes. Besides, I'm kind of scrawny despite the occasional jogging and swimming. I am somewhat sickly and slightly anaemic, which is pretty pathetic for a were as most of our kind are born with good health prospect. I don't know why but my parents told me I was already like this from birth.

Sucking up the negative vibes I was creating in my head, I packed my things up and with that we drove to school in Megan's black Cadillac.