Chapter 3 - What our hearts desire

Victoria's POV
After crying for a while more, I walked away from the school gates in case anyone stop by to make fun of me again. Or worse, see me during my weakest. Then I stumbled upon an ice cream pushcart so naturally I had to buy a cone or two to soothe my sadness. My stomach grumbled audibly and I realised I had barely touched my lunch just now. Sighing tiredly after crying, I paid the old man behind the pushcart and started licking the chocolate ice cream cone. I slow walked back to the pack house since I had much time on my hand after skipping school.

Half an hour later, I stood inside my bedroom, dropping my bag to the ground and shot down to my parents room just two floors below mine. I knocked and heard a soft 'come in' before pushing the door open. My mother was knitting a grey sweater for my dad while sitting on a rocking chair, one leg crossed the other facing the large window in front of her. It's early winter so she'd been preparing.

I scrolled nearer and could smell the faint calming scent of camomile tea on the side table. It calmed me down a little.

She then tore her gaze away from the knit and gave me a kind smile, revealing her slight eye wrinkles. My mother is very beautiful - gentle as a flower; sweet as a lily, my father would always say. She's twice the lady I would ever be and her tranquil nature always have a ripple-effect for us. That is why the pack admire her and why our Luna Renee adores her so much.

"What's wrong honey?" Her voice laced with worry as she puts the basket of knits away and I knelt down to lay my head on her lap. She then stroked my hair tenderly.

"Mom... I know I asked you and dad a couple times now but I'm just worried. Am I really a wolf..? Why can't I shift??" I asked her, tears threatened to escape my eyes. I looked up to see her eyes widen briefly followed by a split second of... guilt? She fluttered her eyelashes and smiled sadly at me.

"Sweetheart, o-of course you are a wolf.. You're most likely just a late bloomer.. Trust me, child. It will come eventually." she explained stuttering a bit. I slowly nodded my head, frown still visible on my forehead.

"I'm scared Mom. What if I turn out to be a weak wolf? I mean as a human I'm already this frail. Right now I can't seem to fathom I will be anything more than a loser." I sighed loudly.

She chuckled, "Can't you see the strength you need is already right here?" she points to my chest on my heart. "All that matters is you not giving up on yourself. Don't let anyone tell you differently sweetie. Because only you will know how strong you really are."

I processed her words and smiled warmly. She's right. I cannot doubt myself. If I lose hope, I will never be strong enough no matter how hard I train. I know I want to be a pack warrior in the future and I will become.

I spoke with mom a little more and thanked her before stepping away and towards the door.

"Victoria?"
"Yes..?" I replied.
"You know your Father and I.. we love you very much dear." she said solemnly.

I giggled, "Yes I do know that, and I love you guys too." I gave her a quick forehead kiss as she returned with a small smile.

———————————————————————-

"Damn it!" The chair went flying across the room as it was forcefully kicked backwards. Pacing around the room was the Alpha King-to-be, Lewis Cedric Rowan. He pulled on his tie and swept all the documents and schoolwork off the desk and let out a frustrated growl.

The wolf in him struggled to be set free for he too was in a frenzy. The books that were aligned neatly previously on a bookshelf hidden behind the walls was now scattered on the floor. He vented his anger and now the whole room was a complete mess.

The Hidden Maidenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें