Chapter 27 - His destiny

Victoria's POV
"Now for the last piece.." She pushed my hair to the side and slips a necklace onto my neck. I picked it up and saw it was a beautiful gemstone, greyish blue in color. Mom scrutinized me through the mirror and asked, "You sure you're ok there love?" My cheeks felt frozen when I tried to smile against my will. "Yeah I'm good. Shall we go then?" I asked, hoping she'll drop the subject.

Mom had helped me straighten my midnight blue hair and put on some makeup for the evening. I look different with the matte red lipstick. I chose the white dress and the chain headpiece to go with it, which I really adored. After I finished using the stuff, I packed them neatly into my bag, plus another huge luggage of clothes we bought before. Dad kindly took them to his car.

"Farewell now sir! And mdm." The security guard tipped his hat and waved to us. "Thanks for everything Bob." My dad thanked him and we got into the car. I looked back at the apartment building again, and this neighborhood.. Facing the front, I decided to not linger on this place anymore, and what goes with it. Now, there was a new set of challenge for me - the Royal pack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
5 miles into the royal pack, the surrounding forest was beginning to darken. What was remaining of the sun casts itself on the snow, causing a faint of orange. I took out the nightshades essence Albus had given me, and toss back half of it.

After a minute or so, my scent was gone. "Dia, are you still there?" I asked, worried that I might lose her again.
"Yea I'm cool.. Just feel a little queasy." She replied, slurring through her sentences. "Ok just.. take it easy for now."

The huge mansion slowly came into view and my stomach turned a little. The last time I was here, it wasn't exactly a good memory. I put on the masquerade mask I was holding on to. It was white with gold patterns, and chains dangling down until my chin level.

Finally, Dad dropped me off at the sideway. "We'll be waiting for you on the other side of the east forest ok?" He said after I got off. "Good luck honey." Mom added with a worried smile.

I sucked in a big mouth of air and calmed my nerves before proceeding with the big mass of people into the mansion. The guards at the entrance let people in according to their "guest list".

"Miss may I have your name please." The corner of my mouth twitched a little. "Victoria dunham.." I said, keeping my composure. He took a good look at my eyes, the only part he could see properly, then nodded and gestured for me to follow the rest into the ballroom. I trod into the room amongst strangers I could neither recognize by their masked faces nor their scent.

I tried isolating their scents to see if Megan or Heather was here.. But what was I to do if I really meet them? What about Keith? I don't think I have the courage to face him after running away without telling him goodbye.

Disheartened, I decided to just survive the night and be on my way to being a castaway, far away from my friends. When I noticed some people staring at me or paying me any attention, I subconsciously kept my face down, even though it was deliberate on their part. I was feeling conscious about myself and afraid they could somehow recognize me as an elemental wolf. Dying at a party is the probably the worse ways to die.

From the far corner of the ballroom, I observed the delirium going on in here, like every year, people were excited to meet the royal family.

"Look! That's the three sons of the alpha king!" A girl beside me squealed in delight with her group of friends. My line of sight followed theirs onto the platform, and the alpha king and his queen took their seats, followed by three other werewolves. I recognize that sable brown hair of his immediately, cause the other two were blondes.