Chapter 30

She snapped open her eyes and felt bewildered being in a strange place. Yesterday's memories were like snapshots, blurring. Victoria can't recall properly. She slipped down from this huge king sized bed, lined with the most comfortable quilt, and sort of floated down the staircase with a light head. Like you just woke up from a hangover.

She skimmed through the interior of this exquisite house. The floorboard was made of polished wood. When she came to the living room, the ceiling was a few feets tall and beside the sofa was a long panel of glass windows. She stepped into the light seeping through the glass and immediately felt sober bathing in the warmth.

Looking outside, she see now that the house was built deep in the forest with layers of canopies and branches overhead. It seems like a great weather to take a walk down the forest. She turned and took a good look at the house. Everything was tidy and neat, free of all traces of dust and dirt. It wasn't the most luxurious but it did seem like whoever who lived in it tried to make it resemble a home.. Though.. Victoria ran her hands on the cream coloured sofa. She thought to herself that this house gave a feeling as if like you've been away from a long vacation and finally came home.

"Victoria... I think you're forgetting something." She jumped a little by the voice who broke the silence. "Dia.. You scared me!" She soothed her chest. Her wolf was being a little relentless and cried out a little. She felt this familiar sense of tingle down her spine and realized she felt it yesterday...

"Oh shit!!" She ran towards the full length mirror and saw the dress she wore to the freaking ball yesterday night! Now it's stained and dirty and torn in different places. "Oh no... Lewis. This is his house?!" Victoria could not believe she's in the his territory now. Then she recalled her parents! She must go look for them first before running away!

"Victoria calm down!" Dia shouted at her.
"I can't! I will kill myself if I stay another second in this place!" She huffed and sped walk away to find the exit. When she went past the kitchen, she heard sounds of cutleries and dishes on the table top. Expecting it to be the owner of the house, aka her current nemesis, she turned her head slowly and reluctantly.

"Oh honey you're awake. There's pancakes?" Her mom suggest.
"MOM?! Why are you here??" She rushed to her in one large stride. "And why the hell are you making pancakes!" She saw her dad was looking crossed sitting on the stool. He looked like he didn't wanted to be here. Great, Victoria thought, at least there's one person who's not out of their minds.

"What do you mean? I'm starving." She shrugged and continue flipping the pancakes and even had the guts to whistle. She's whistling! "Oh my god mom, this could be poisoned!" Victoria snatched the pan away from her mom furiously and threw them into the sink. "Hey! That was my pancakes!" She shouted.

"We have no time for this. We have to get out now!" She pulled her parents forward and rushed to find the exit again.

Light steps came from behind them and Victoria was the first to realized. Not because of sound, but because of scent. And the unmistakable aura of an alpha, which all three of them was aware of instantly.

Lewis looked at the three of them expectantly. "Where do you think you're going." It didn't sounded like a question. At all!

Victoria felt this sudden urge to slap this guy who dared to touch her. But she controlled it, since getting the hell out of here is her top priority. "We're leaving this hellhole." She snapped and continued walking.

"No, you're not." Within a split second, he was at her side pulling her away from the rest.

The shot of electric current was enough to send her mind into a reset of a moment and she was unknowingly dragged upstairs by Lewis, leaving her parents in the empty living room. Victoria's mother looked at her fuming husband and tried to calm him down. "Well.. pancakes?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She didn't felt like removing her arms from his big hands but her current anger overpowered the urge to do so. She cursed this werewolf thing. It's probably the only thing she hates being a werewolf. "Mate... Mate!" Dia was ecstatic, jumping around like a maiden in love. "Shut up Dia! He's a jerk!" Victoria screamed back to her internally and snatched her hands away from him.

Now she realized she's back in his bedroom. She dashed towards the door, but was immediately spun back, into a broad chest. Oh god.. she was so overwhelmed by his masculine scent and the mate pull, she can't think straight for a second. She was falling into this whirlwind of contentment and bliss.

Lewis felt the same way, but different from her, he was extremely pleased. Pleased with her being in his arms. He didn't knew the sensation a mate can give and the extreme satisfaction of having them close to you can be till this extend. He rubbed the small of her back gently and nibbled her neck, inhaling her scent. So this is how she should have smelled like, he thought to himself during the time when her scent was hollow.

He broke away and looked at her, her eyes glazed over and seemingly enticed by him completely. Lewis chuckled a little and caressed her silky midnight blue hair. Looking at her in daylight, she was even more beautiful. This was her true colors.

The girl he chose had been chosen for him by the moon goddess.

He nudged her towards him by her waist and kiss down her neck to her chest. He traced down her spine but stop to frown at the state she's in. All the mud and dirt on her body.

Lewis carried her into his bathroom effortlessly. Taking off her clothes, he swallowed as her dress slipped to the ground. "I'll bring your clothes. Bathe." He left Victoria inside and strode downstairs before he would do anything.

Roger growled loudly, "Let me back in there! I want to see and touch my mate!"

Back inside, Victoria finally snaps herself out of trance and realized she was yet again manipulated by Lewis. "Dia!! Control yourself for gods sake..." She chided and her wolf wailed sadly. "Ah!" She screamed when she saw herself in the mirror and cursed that pervert for undressing her. Looking at the bathtub, she decided she wouldn't waste it and clean herself up before escaping. Anyway, one cannot simply go out looking like this.

Well then. No one should turn down a warm bubble bath. She shrugged and jumped into the bathtub.