Chapter 19 - Dia

Victoria's POV

"Victoria...."

"Victoria..." Someone called out to me, very faintly, in my head. It sounded distant at first, then gradually became clearer.

"Victoria!"

"Who's there? Why are you in my head?" I asked cautiously, fearful of this foreign experience.

"I'm your wolf, Dia!" I know she must be smiling, for she sounded happy.

"My wolf..? It's really you??" Tears of joy came out from my eyes. I couldn't believe it. After so long.. I realized one day I stopped dreaming of meeting my wolf and I had buried this pain inside. Now.. it's really happening..!

"Yes it's happening. You're not dreaming and it's real." Dia stated. I smiled even wider.

"Thank you, Dia.. It's great to finally meet you!"

"Me too Victoria. Don't worry. From now on, you have me. You'll never be alone again." I nodded with determination and cried.

"Now you're ready.. Open your eyes Victoria."

I listened to Dia and tried to open my eyes. It feels like coming out from a dream state. Wiggling my fingers, it felt different. In fact my whole body felt different. Once my eyes were wide open, it took me a moment to see that I was still half submerged in the water as I was before fainting. Except I was all furs.. and soaked. I blinked a few times and moved my paws in amazement.

"Oh my god!! I-I am a wolf! It's my wolf oh gosh...!" I laughed excitedly inside my head, hyperventilating. What I didn't noticed was the water around me was heating up rapidly.

"This is us Victoria. Now try standing up!" Dia exclaimed eagerly. Not used to my wolf form, I clumsily stood up on all fours, trying to command this new entity to the best of my ability. The shallow water reflected the moonlight, causing the surface to sparkle. I see a furry blonde wolf, with silver grey eyes staring back at me. My paws subconsciously touched the water surface, and the ripples broke the image of the wolf, only to return with the same reflection.

"How do we look?" Dia asked. I sighed dreamily. "Beautiful.."

A quiet snap of a twig made me turn my wolf head around in a split second, ears perked up in alert. I was engrossed with my wolf form that I didn't realized I wasn't alone. My gaze immediately softened when I saw who they were.

"Mom! Dad!" I shouted but no words came out of my mouth. I dashed towards the two wolfs at the shore where they awaited, eyes bright with anticipation and pride. Another new experience of running as a wolf, free-spirited and liberating, overwhelmed me. Unexpectedly, sparks were generated with every step I take, leaving a trail of small flame on the pebbles. I gasped at what I saw.

"Did I do that??" I asked. "Yup. We have the ability to control elements." Dia answered.

"Victoria, honey! Are you hurt??" A woman's voice rang in my head. It's mom! Wow.. this must be what they call mindlinking!

"Mom.. I'm fine. Just not used to this new body." Mom and dad came over and nudged me, then nuzzled my neck. I tripped here and there when they did so. They are super strong..

"How did you do that, just now?" My dad asked. I shook my head. "I don't know. Anyway, how are we mindlinking?"

"You can mindlink your chosen pack. But it's given that you can mindlink your parents and your mate." Mom explained. Oh cool.. I take in their scent, noting a third scent in a distance. The man stood at the side, watching our reunion quietly.