Chapter 32

The smell of hot cinammon tea calmed her nerves.

Victoria sighed and took another sip as she stared out of the large window panel. Her parents were fast asleep, already getting used to Lewis's house in the woods quicker than she anticipated. That's a good thing, she thought, who knows how much sleep they've lost trying to keep her alive.

Her thoughts were cut short by the sharp creaking of the hinge of the door. Lewis stepped in cautiously, acute to how she was feeling upset.

She pulled the mug closer to her chest, suddenly a little uncomfortable with the intrusion.

He placed his hand on her shoulder lightly. "Is there something bothering you?" He asked.

She felt her eyes sting a little upon the recollection of that horrible memory, something akin to her heart shattering to many broken pieces, and something about Lewis's betrayal now more deeply felt as her soulmate.

He rounds up on her and stood face to face with Victoria, trying to discern her troubles from looking into her eyes. He crouches down asking, "Is it about me? Tell me." He asserted at the end.

She shrugs him off and almost couldn't balance the heaviness of her head as she set the mug down.

"It's nothing.. It all probably meant nothing to you anyway." the tinge of sourness bit his ears and he frowned at the insinuation. "That's why you could treat me like any other girls. That's why you made out with this other lady in your own pack house even though we were going out."

She turned, her eyes hard as stone.

"And I thought I wouldn't forgive you." She said in her head.

At first, Lewis had a hard time figuring out what she meant particularly, but all became clear when he retraced back to the last time he saw her, and spoke to her, before she disappeared. Her missed calls. It hit him like a bolt of lighting, and it made his hair stand, knowing she was there that day watching him disgrace himself and letting her down.

He clutched his hands, don't know whether to be mad at her or disappointed in himself; or maybe both. It wasn't like him to apologise. Besides, he had his reasons.. He didn't do it because he was one of those bastards who cheats on every girl he's with.

"Victoria." she shook her head in denial, not accepting any of his excuses before he even voiced them out. Yet, she trembles, fearful that this sting will never be rid of until she comes to terms with it. And so, she looked back at him, waiting for his response.

He sighed in relief being aware of the smallest detail of change etched on her face, he explains that his father was previously anxious for him to select a mate, in hopes to forge an alliance with other powerful packs. It wasn't his intention, and given a choice, he would never do it.

"I'm.. I'm sorry. What I did was wrong." Lewis cupped her face and kissed her forehead.

"You were already someone important to me then. Being mates simply solidified my feelings towards you." He kissed her hand and bowed down with his forehead leaning on her hand. "Please don't doubt my feelings."

"Will you forgive me?" he pleaded softly. "For all the wrong I've done?"

Victoria stared at the back of his head - the strong, royal alpha suddenly seem so human in front of her. Then she realised this is him, truly bare for this first time. All there was is a vulnerable man asking for redemption.

She pulled her hand away and smiled wearily at him. He frowns deeply and rushed to hug her, almost squeezing her. She pat his back and thought that it was not necessary for him to ask for forgiveness. For she had already forgiven him for everything from the day she fell in love.