Chapter 12 - Jumpy heart

Victoria's POV

"It's been two days.. What has Oliver been doing really?" Megan exclaimed. The three of us were inside her room together, notes and textbooks spread all over the coffee table.

Luckily her room was big enough to accommodate everything we have here. Heather had already finished her practice papers and began revising for Maths, while Megan and I were still far behind.

"Who cares?? It's not like the end of the world if Vic doesn't go out with him for a day." Heather cried out.

"Yeah. Stop talking about me how about you Megan? Who was it last week? Bryan? Brighton?"

"Brandon!" she shouted frustratingly. "They're not gonna be keepers anyway..When will my damn mate show up already?"

"Exactly. So stop worrying about me.. Go annoy Heather!" I pointed to her with my pen.

"Hey!" We snickered before continuing our work. Spending more time with Megan and Heather was really the right choice. I was able to shove my negative thoughts to the back of my head for the time being.

Mum and dad had also been more attentive to me recently, and we would be catching a movie in town next Sunday. It's safe to say that I'll be ok for now. The situation between Lewis and I had been rather awkward and I'm back to ignoring his existence in school. He'll be graduating soon anyway. If I don't return to the royal pack for archery, I practically wouldn't have any contact with him anymore. So I guess that's a good thing?

We started studying since we came home from school and we were all getting sick of it. Except Heather. She's too jittery to feel tired.

"I'm done for the night. I'll bathe first before dinner. See you downstairs later!" I roughly packed up my notes and stuffed them into my bag. I'll deal with that later.

"Traitor..!" Megan shouted and she fell backwards into her bed, yawning. I ran upstairs to my attic bedroom. Lazy to switch on the lights, I then picked out a comfy pair of pj pants and a loose muscle tee from my closet. A sudden gust of wind caught me off guard and the papers flew and landed all over the flooring.

I whined and stomped over to pick up the notes. I looked over to see one side of my balcony double door was wide open. Strange. I usually close off my balcony. I walked cautiously over and didn't find anything out of place, so I shut the door and went on with my business.

After a cooling shower, I came out feeling super refresh. I whistled and sauntered back to my room while I dried my hair with the bathing towel. I switched on the lights to comb my hair. I sat in front of my dressing table and through the mirror reflection, I saw something. I turned around and indeed there were three grey boxes of varying sizes sitting on my bed. I looked around and mentally put two and two together. OMG SOME FREAK JUST CAME INTO MY ROOM!!

I panicked and screamed and ran around in circles like a crazy bitch before finally calming down to think. If it was some criminal TV shows there would probably be amputated arms and heads in each boxes as "presents".

I'm literally stunned. I approached them carefully and prepared myself for the worst. I flipped open the nearest one quickly and jumped back with lightning speed. I pecked into it slowly, only to find.. a handbag?

"WHAT HAPPENED?? VIC!!" Megan came barging in, slamming the door open with a loud boom.

"Is there a killer in your room?!?" Heather came in next with a very thick book in her hands that could really do some damage. Following that, my parents and a few other pack members also came up to check on me. Did I really scream that loudly.

"No no I'm fine..! Besides I'll be long dead before you guys appeared." I chuckled.

"Dear God you scared us all!" My mum chided. I brushed it off and ensured them I was ok. I shut the doors and the two of them already made it a point to open the boxes themselves. Megan shrieked excitedly and clapped like a seal before turning towards me with her big bright green eyes.