Chapter 13 - Young love

Lewis's POV

The air was thick and the forest clouded with fog under the moonlight. The stillness almost suffocating. A shadow moved from the corner of his eyes. He snapped his head towards it and saw the lady with dark, long straight hair, almost midnight blue under the light. They were decorated with metal head chains across the back of her head. Her soft white silky dress embroidered with lace and sheer material reached below her ankles, and a fine white coat hung on her shoulders loosely. With the slim dress flowing behind, she almost seemed gliding gracefully along the snowy ground. Every silent step she took only amplifies the light jingling sound of her bracelet. Curious as to who she is, he called out to her and she immediately froze. She turned painfully slow around and....

I shot up from my bed, completely awake. My shoulders heaved up and down, the rhythm aligning with my rapid breathing. I ran my hand down my face and realised I was sweating from my dreams. Damn it this again. I've been having this recurring dream ever since that day. Not everyday, but frequent enough to be vivid. My head felt heavy as I splashed my face with cool water from the sink. I looked into the mirror and the image of the lady flashed across my mind again. I still don't know who she is and I'm positive I've never met someone of her description before. So why does she keep appearing in my dreams? One thing's for sure was that she's important. Is she friend or foe? If she really is my predestined mate, where can I find her?

I closed my eyes and clenched my teeth in frustration. My time is running out. The alpha king's plan would come true if this goes on. I dismissed the thought and did my normal morning routine. I was supposed to help out with some of the pack's desk work today, according to him I needed to share his burden. After I dressed, I went over to my nightstand where I last left my watch. Then I noticed the small toy duck beside it and yesterday's event flooded into my mind.

*Flashbacks*

We walked down the busy street after an early lunch. I had previously "asked" her out when I drove her home after her practice. Ok maybe more like ordered her. Under the pretense of trying to get Oliver to give up on her of course. Though she didn't seemed pleased at first, but I could tell she didn't hated that idea either. She looked stunning in that dark blue romper. Yasmine really did a great job when I asked her to choose the outfits for her. 

Looking around aimlessly, I turned to ask Victoria a question, but she wasn't there anymore. My heart did a flip and I quickly scanned the place for that familiar face.

"Would anybody like to join? We need three more contestants! Prizes to be won!"

And there she was. She caught sight of me and waved me over eagerly.

"Let's play this! I like this!" she said once I was in hearing distance and pointed to what seemed like a mobile arcade in a big truck. There were 4 or 5 arcade basketball machines lined up in the truck. Before I could respond..

"Here! Two of us!" She pulled me up the retractable stairs and the humans clapped soullessly. I scowled at her and she laughed nervously.

"Very good! Now, rules are the same. The highest scorer for this round gets our grand prize!" I don't know what his name was so let's just call him Bob. Bob told us to get into positions and counted down. "You have 5 minutes. 3..2..1.. START!" We immediately started throwing the basketballs into our hoop. The little boy at the end giggled happily while his father helped him threw the ball. Victoria concentrated on her score with a broad smile etched on her face. I guess I should try my best too. 

Before I knew it, she was now beside me cheering me on, shouting incoherently, stomping her feet like a fat kid wants cookie. It took every itch of me not to burst out laughing. I snickered and looked briefly over her score board. Her timer was up and score.. 74. I refocused on my own game until the score reached 389 for a slight pause between the rounds. I checked the score beside me and the guy was close behind. The buzzer signalling the last round went off and I resumed shooting quickly, the competitive side of me came out. I ended with 611, while the other one with 575. She jumped up and down excitedly while swinging my arm and Bob passed me a big unicorn plush toy and her a toy duck as consolation prize. The heat was killing me at this point.