Chapter 6 - A mistaken encounter

*WARNING: Slightly abusive scene.

It was fully crowded tonight. The ball room, the living area, the poolside. So many unmated shewolfs came tonight, yet I still cannot find her for the life of me.

I descended the stairs and walked towards the bar. People greeted me politely and some wished me happy birthday while they're at it. I avoided the group of annoying girls who were tagging behind me throughout the night, and it quickly became a nuisance.

"Brandy." I told the bartender. He poured the drink and Sawyer joined me soon after, talking to me about some pack issues that happened tonight. Jonathan's group came over to talk to me. Jonathan was one of our pack's tracker.

"Hey great party tonight man.. Why the long face? C'mon man just find some chicks to bang and you'll feel better." He blabbered on. The edge of my mouth twitched listening to him.

"What do you say Alpha?" He laughed loudly and grabbed my shoulder, signalling this girl beside him to come up. I brushed him off, standing from my seat.

I narrowed my eyes on his hand and he quickly took it back, burping out an awkward smile. On the receiving end of my glare, the group gave some excuses and ran off. Now my mood was worse than before.

The bartender refilled my glass warily and I gulped it down, frustrated. "Breathe, Alpha." Sawyer chuckled at my reaction. I sent him a snarl.

Into the conversation, I felt someone's gaze on me so I scanned the crowd to find the red-headed girl from school staring closely at me. Victoria was it?

She seemed to realise I was looking as she became a bit shaken. Then she gave me the dirtiest look she could muster before rolling her eyes and walking away. I let out a low growl at her disrespectful attitude, but she didn't see.

I kept the alcohol going. The only worry I had was that I still couldn't find my mate. And that in a year's time I was going to marry someone I don't love. Wanting to be left alone for a while, I nodded to Sawyer and walked away, unbuttoning my suit and the first button of my shirt, then I loosened my tie before pushing the back door open. But someone beat me to it and I watched as she walked right into me.

Victoria.

"Seriously.. That hurt!" She said angrily and cut herself off when she saw me. I frowned and looked down at her questionably.
"How unlucky can I get..." She scowled under her breathe, but I heard them just fine. She put on an obvious fake grin and said, "Please move aside sir." Insolent girl.

When she attempted to walk past me I moved to block her path. She shot her head up and glared into my eyes disdainfully. From the low light, I noticed her face was flushed.

"I said move!" She shouted. My wolf inside me resonated with me. 'Insolent girl has to be punished!' He said.

I slammed the door shut behind me and grabbed her wrist forcefully.

"Listen woman. Don't ever disrespect me. Or I'll make you pay for it." I warned her.

She tilted her head to the side and chuckled.
"Oh please..." She slurred. "Oh-so-mighty alpha. What did you do to deserve my respect?" She raised her chin challenging me.

Victoria's POV

This stupid alpha prince. I'm not one of his minions that will kiss the ground he walks on or stroke his ridiculous ego just to please him alright!

The more pissed off I got, the more lightheaded I felt. My vision started spinning and it was getting harder to balance on my heels. I looked up at Lewis and saw his jaw clenched, nostril flared and his lips curled downwards with disgust. The scariest thing was his eyes; they flickered from amber to pitch black. His wolf was fighting him to surface out.

I immediately panicked when he dragged me along to the back of the mansion, his hand still wrapped tightly around my wrist. Then he proceeded to what seemed like their own emergency exit door and pulled me up this narrow flight of stairs to the fourth floor.

"Where are you taking me?? Let me go now hey!" I tugged and clawed at his hands, trying to pry off from his death grip. He wasn't even affected one bit. As I continued to struggle, he opened the small door and I realised it connects to one end of the corridor on the fourth floor.

He walked and stopped in front of the third room on the left. Then he opened the door and pushed me in before stepping in himself, locking the door on our side. I kept an eye on his every move as he turned around, eyes black, and approached slowly and intensely towards me.

"W-what do you want? Let me out of here!" I shouted as I ran forward trying for the door, but futilely he was faster to shove me to the ground.

"Punish you of course." He said smiling. Even a blind man knows the danger behind that smile. He poured a glass of whiskey on the side table before continuing.

"The girl who cannot shift." I looked at him in the eye. "You have a big attitude despite being a good-for-nothing. You're a disgrace to us weres."

I bit my lips forcefully trying not to cave in front of this bastard, and soon started to taste the metallic blood.

He did a lopsided smile before he grabbed my jaws firmly using his thumbs, index and middle finger, forcing me to look up at his face at a very uncomfortable proximity.

"I've seen many girls like you. Pathetic ones."

Then I spit on his face, huffing loudly containing all my anger for this man whom I barely offended to get this treatment from him.

However soon after I regretted. I inwardly cringed when his face contorted in anger and his eyes turned black again. I gasped loudly at the sudden movement when he pulled me up and slammed me on the wall with his chest pressed firmly to my back. His left hand held mine in place while his right hand yanked my hair back, causing my braids to fall off. I shrieked in pain. My neck was bent upwards, and he whispered into my left ears hoarsely.

"Now I'll give you a chance Victoria." He said my name.
"You may kneel down and beg for my forgiveness, and I'll consider rewarding you. I can do more than this," He pulled again and I whimpered. "Yes that's the sound. You'll learn to like it." He said beside my ears.

He threw me carelessly onto the bed, then lunged on top of me and trapped my hands above my head, and straddled my hips.

He snarled loudly in my face in attempts to intimidate and I unconsciously whimpered under his Alpha dominance.

He gave a little victorious smirk before kissing and sucking on my neck roughly, and he glided his free hand slowly up my thighs. I thrashed around trying to break free from him, crying.

He let out a deep growl, warning me to not struggle out of his restraint. Next thing I knew my dress was ripped apart and I was left bare in my black undergarments. He growled lowly, his eyes clouded.

Sensing this small pause was my only hope to escape, I pushed him off with all my strength and slapped him hard across the face that his head turned to one side. By now I was hyperventilating with all sorts of emotions coursing through my body.

He shook violently, turning to look at me.

"I'm giving you the honour here but it seems like you prefer the hard way."

SLAP

"You deserve whatever that's coming for you, sweetheart." He said lowly before tossing me around so I was lying on stomach. I heard the sound of his leather belt coming off.

My mind went blank and numb as I imagined the worst case scenario, I couldn't stop the tears from coming out and trashed around even harder. The tears rolled down quickly onto my cheeks, and I can still felt the burning sensation from before. I bite on my lips, trying not to appear even weaker.

All was muffled the moment he gagged me with his necktie. Then he raised his belt to whip me on my back. I screamed through the gag as the sudden shock transformed into intense pain.

Then he hit me again. And again. Until the seventh lash, I couldn't scream anymore. The last thing I remembered was seeing his face blur out before me and darkness engulfed me completely.