Chapter 5

"P-packing?" I questioned my eyes wide at the possibilities of what that could mean.

"Love, you your going to come live with me." He said softly as if that was just a given. He continued when he saw me frozen looking for words.
"In a week I will come to get you."

"I- but I don't want to live with you." I sputtered out. He frowned
"And why is that." He stated firmly.
"I can't live with you, your you and I'm a human and this this is just." I trailed off not knowing how to phrase my thoughts without offending him enough to rip my throat out.

"You are my mate, mates live together that is the rule. And simply stating it I can't live without you nor do I want to." He said his eyes getting softer as he spoke. I realized the hidden message behind his words there was nothing I could do about this I was his, and he could make me do anything. That was what the rule was, mates belonged to one another and wolves went to great lengths when a human mate would try to refuse, this man being the unannounced king he could get everyone I love beheaded, before I could utter out an apology. That was probably what he was hinting at when he brought up the rule. I felt my chest get heavy as I realized I had no choice in the matter there was only one way.

"I understand." I said looking down not able to meet his eyes.

He gently reached up using a finger to tip my chin up so I would look at him.

"Goodbye for now my love." He stated wrapping his arms around my waist using them to pull me flush against him as he buried his face in my hair.
"Meum miraculum." I heard him mutter into my hair. A moment after I tried pulling away and he let me softening his grasp. I didn't want to look up at him again, I didn't want to let him see the way my eyes were watering so I simply turned walking away from him.

I made my way to the car where I looked down ignoring my moms questions and my father soon shushed her putting his hand on her arms pulling her away from me gently. The ride home was spent in silence, despite the way I wanted to scream and let out the inner turmoil I sat quietly pushing back my tears.

As soon as the car stopped I got out waiting for my mother to unlock the door before rushing to my room.

That night I cried silently for all that I had lost in this one horrible day. I cried for hours using the pillow to hush my sobs. I heard my parents talk about the night before they too fell asleep but I stayed up till the early hours of the morning, until I had completely drained myself. They were upset, their only child being taken away from them, my chest ached as I bit my lip harshly refusing to let them hear me cry, they didn't need to know how much this was hurting me. They didn't need to know how much it hurt to have everything you've ever had, could ever have snatched away from you in moments, and I'd never let them know. I was physically incapable of crying any longer, my chest ached with a hollow feeling, throat parched, my eyes swollen I fell into a restless sleep.