Chapter 41

His warm rough hand twitches in my grasp, and I tighten my hold, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze. Alaricus turns to look at me, his warm honey eyes filled with worry, lush  red bottom lip caught in between his teeth. Alaricus was calling over Alphas to discuss ending the inequality between humans and wolves, he'd decided that he wouldn't give the Alphas a heart attack and would tell them the topic of discussion over the phone. At least to a very minimal extent.

The first phone call Alaricus had gone far too into detail and five minutes in they were just unintelligibly growling at each other over the phone. I'd had to step in on that one. After the first we decided we'd only give the Alpha's a brief description of what was going on. To avoid hurting my feelings and ears Alaricus had taken the phone off speaker after the first call, insisting it was better that I didn't listen to the first reactions of the Alphas.

He releases his lip from under the grip his teeth have on it, leaning forward and pressing a soft warm kiss to my forehead. Alaricus suddenly yanks himself away from me, and I look up at him startled.

"No I'm not sending you air kisses." Alaricus growls out in irritation into the phone and I bite my lip trying not to laugh, turning to face away from Alaricus so that he wouldn't see me shaking in laughter. But I can't control it as I hear his next words.

"Stop sending me air kisses you imbecile, the kiss was for my mate and not you. Stop holding the phone to your partially deaf ear and listen to me." Alaricus gets out through gritted teeth and now I can't control it. Poor sweet Alpha Hunter only looked dangerous with his tattoos and the scars of a claw mark that raked down a side of his face. But he was a total teddy bear on the inside, who apparently loved kisses.

Alaricus looks up at me and grumbles something into the phone before hanging up. He watches me silently for a moment, the irritation displayed in his frown giving way to something much different.

His eyes have a mischevious glint as his fingers dig into the wood of the armchair he sits on, his legs tensing before he pounces. His arms wrap around my waist and he tugs my laughing form into his chest. My laughter having died down to giggles, but the giggling was uncontrollable.
"Do you find this funny angel?" Alaricus asks playfully, his voice deeper than usual. I press my lips together simply nodding in reply.

"Still funny?" Alaricus asks pressing kisses down the skin of my throat, licking over the conjuncture between my throat and collarbone.  His lips latch onto the skin as he sucks on it leisurely and I bite into my lip my hands fisting at his shirt.
"A-Alaricus." I say shakily.
"Yes my love?" He answers between kisses.

"H-how was Alpha Hunter and his kisses?" I ask looking up at him with doe eyes until he looks up at me confused the arousal in his eyes melting to give way to bemusement. He looks at me with a straight face as I giggle. Settling himself back into his own respective chair.
"Fine." Alaricus grumbles.

"You should've given him some responding kisses, I could hear the air smooches he was giving you over the phone." I say giggling into his chest.
"Who could ever think that man is an alpha with a mate and three children." Alaricus says and I lean up in his arms pressing a kiss to his jaw. His intense glaring at the poor phone softens finally and he looks down at me letting out a soft chuckle as he spots my huge toothy grin.

"He's adorable." I say and immediately the frown is back.
"I am way more adorable than he is." Alaricus argues defensively.
"I don't see it." I say biting into my lip and shaking my head as I pull back giving him a once over. Alaricus widens his golden eyes to look more innocent, his bottom lip jutting out, He was the cutest thing I'd ever laid eyes on.

"No I think he's more adorable, you know it's just less expected with him." I say and Alaricus' frowns, with his pout still in place he looked like an adorable grump. He turns his face away from me, huffing when I don't react. He was such a diva.