Chapter 38

"Amara?" A deep velvety voice calls out, and I look up from the book I was holding, looking up at him completely confused. My head still slightly fuzzy from the book, as I try to figure out where I was.
"Would you like a glass of milk, love?" Alaricus asks, his honey coloured eyes twinkling with poorly disguised amusement.
"Yeah, just get me a glass if you're having one." I say dismissively, curling back up and hunching closer to my book again. He sighs deeply, mumbling something under his breath that sounds suspiciously like "the woes of being in love with a bookworm." I give him the stinkeye quickly from atop the corner of my book and he chuckles silently to himself.

"Don't you have some sort of paperwork or something to do, you're always lounging around here?" I ask mockingly, not even looking away from the book. A gasp rings out, followed by a shrill squeak that unfortunately comes out of me as large arms wrap around me plucking me up from my dignified position in the armchair.

Alaricus plops himself into my chair, placing me into his lap, his large arm wound around my waist, as I sit draped over him. My side cuddled into his warm chest. He leans in biting down softly onto my neck.
"You love having me around." He growls out lustfully and I gulp lightly. He ignores my reaction, leaving soft bites all over the sensitive skin of my throat causing me to arch my back, a quiet gasp falling from my lips.

He bites a little harder on the side of my throats, immediately licking his tongue over it leisurely to soothe the sting making me squirm in his arms. He flicks his tongue back and forth over the definite mark he'd created. Alaricus parts his plump lips, sucking on the skin he'd just bitten and I throw my head back. I push him away suddenly, swinging myself around so that I straddle his lap. A soft lustful smile spreads on his face as he looks up at me.

His large warm slightly calloused hands trail softly over the arch of my back, stopping to clench on my waist as I tangle my hands in his silky dark locks. Tugging his head so that he moves his face up and level to mine making him release a low growl. A growl so raspy and deep in its sweet arousal that unthinkingly I lean towards him crushing my lips to his. I move my lips against his, my body rocking ever so slightly into him and he reciprocates, as if our kisses breathed some sort of lustful life into him. Moving his lips against mine, he moves both his hands so they are low on my hips, his hold firm but gentle. His hips begin to rock under my own eliciting a sharp gasp from me. His large hard bulge grounding into me making my eyes fly open, and I look at him, my shock giving way to longing as my eyes meet his hooded lustful honey golden gaze. My head falls back, a low moan escaping my parted lips, but Alaricus doesn't allow for the room between us to last for long. His hands leave my hips but his stay rocking against mine, and slowly mine begin to move on their own accord.

Alaricus holds the back of my head, bringing me forth to meet his lips again. He nibbles on my bottom lip gently waiting for my lips to part before he pushes his warm tongue in. It messages against mine gently, as they dance to their own rhythmic tune. Alaricus moves his arms to wrap them around me, until I feel completely surrounded by him, enveloped by his heat, submerged deeply within him. His scent all I could smell, his name all I could remember, his body all I could feel.

A husky growled moan escapes him as I pull apart from his lips enough to take a deep breath, making my lips curve up. His lips seek mine again and I peck them, before moving down the strong curve of his jaw, to his strong tan throat. I press open mouthed kisses to it, licking over his smooth skin, before giving into temptation and biting down on it softly and a broken groan escapes him at my actions.

"I love you." He pants as I alternate between licking and sucking the skin, giving him my own little mark. Opening up the top few buttons of his shirt I spread my hands over the wide expanse of his chest, my hands looking luminescently pale resting on his broad tan chest. I gaze up into Alaricus' eyes to see him looking at me through his darkened aroused honey eyes. Unable to break his gaze I lean forward pressing an open mouthed kiss to his chest. His hips ground up hopelessly as he feels my hot mouth against his skin. I trail kisses all over his chest, taking my sweet time above the skin underneath which I can hear his strong and steady heartbeat. I close my eyes as I hover over the strong rhythmic beat, wanting to memorize it.