Chapter 43

Closing my eyes, I turned my face up towards the sky, flinching slightly as the cold snowflakes fell against my skin, melting instantly. The chilly breeze freezing my body through my coat, to maintain some warmth I crossed my arms tightly across my chest. It wasn't enough, my body still trembled with shivers but I wasn't ready to go inside yet. It was so peaceful out here on the balcony, all you could see for miles was an endless stretch of white snow, a few evergreens here and there disturbing the peace, but they too were beautiful.

Inside was another story, we were being ambushed by calls, and all the papers that we had to sign. All the new treaties of every pack, all the negotiations Alphas were dealing with, and Alaricus and I had to look through every single package and initial it. Alaricus had been interviewing a few of his most trusted employees to make them royal advisors, and since I knew nothing about the job of an advisor, I'd snuck out. Although we already had one advisor, Frank had teared up when we'd told him he was to become one. Of course making Frank advisor meant having to promise Adrian he and his sister would both be advisors too once they grew up.

Two large arms wrapped around my waist, settling over my own arms, a broad chest being pressed against my back. I relaxed back into him as he cocooned me in his warmth.

"Alaricus." I breathed out, my breath visible in the air for a moment before it's gone. He hums gently, resting his chin on my head, tightening his arms around me.
"Is my Queen tired? Alaricus asked and I smile, shaking my head.
"Did you need me?" I asked.
"No I can handle the potential advisors myself, but it was getting too boring without you, so I snuck out." Alaricus tells me, and my brows furrow as I turn in his arms to look at him.

"Weren't you the one doing the interviews, how could you possibly sneak out?" I asked and he gave me a small sheepish smile.
"Well I just sort of stood up and left." He admitted making my eyes widen.
"You can't do that you big oaf, it's impolite." I hissed at him.
"Punish me." He said huskily with an irritatingly attractive smirk on his annoying symmetrical face.

"Bite me." I replied sarcastically, having been woken up far too early to deal with his flirtation. He snapped his teeth at me teasingly making my eyes widen. Chuckling at my reaction Alaricus bent down to press a tender kiss to my cold cheek, flinching at how cold it was. I let out a gasp as he put both of his large hands on my face out of a sudden, trying to step away, but only to hit against the rail of the balcony. I tried to ask him what he was doing, but my voice was muffled by his gigantic palm. I had to repeat it a few times before he finally understood.

"I'm warming your face up, it's so cold." He answered simply, not moving his hands, having no other option I bit into his palm. Out of reflex he pulled away, pouting as he shook out his bitten hand.

"I was only warming you up." Alaricus whined sulkily. For some strange reason after that meeting he'd turned more childish than usual. He was like a horny childish adult, and safe to say it was a little spooky.

"And I was only tasting your hand." I replied, and his honey eyes glinted mischievously as he wagged his eyebrows at me.
"Well in that case you may bite me whenever you'd like." He said cheekily.

"What is it about Mondays that makes you so horny?" I asked and he laughed shortly under his breath at my choice of words.
"You're so grumpy on Mondays, especially in the morning it's just so adorable it makes me want to pounce on you and cuddle you till the end of time." I stared at him blankly for a moment, not knowing how to feel about that.

"Alright well moving on, we should be getting back to the office." I said and Alaricus made a face at the thought of going back to all that. Unfortunately we both did not have a very strong willpower when it came to completely necessary but boring tasks, I had to be the strong one, otherwise Alaricus and I would still be in bed cuddling. Although thinking about it, that sounded like a wonderful way to spend our time. I really wasn't liking being queen, but it was something that had to be done.