Chapter 25

My hands trembled at my sides as his large firm built pressed against me as he brushed by, his face blank, lips mouthing a small apology making him seem innocent, but the mischief in those honey eyes telling me he knew exactly what he was doing. I glared up at him, not amused by his tactics.

Alaricus had been teasing me all morning, light touches, brushing up against me, heated stares, just to irritate me. I huffed turning back to look at sweet Mr.Morgan, to hand him the batter he had me mixing. He offered me a small smile in gratitude patting my head as he went around me. There was an international meeting for all pack leaders around the world, which meant making a lot of food to feed all the hungry wolves, food that Alaricus and I were helping the chefs prepare. Although it seemed Alaricus was much more focused on teasing me than cooking, both of which he was exceptionally good at, I was a second away from dousing his handsome self in muffin batter.

A strong arm wraps around my waist as I dice tomatoes, intending to make one of the only things I was good at, a salad. A firm warm body moulds itself to my back, lips hovering over my exposed throat, Alaricus' husky deep voice whispers lowly into my ear
"Excuse me love." His hot breath blowing against my ear, his thumb gently massaging circles into the bare skin on my waist where my shirt had risen. His arm slowly reaches towards a spatula, his firm build leaning into me as his plump lips press into the soft skin of my throat. My heart beats rapidly, the rush of blood strong in my ears as my cheeks heat up and redden.

"Alaricus what are you doing?" I ask, turning towards him, my hands resting on the counter beside me. I wasn't exactly liking his inappropriately touchy behaviour or the way the chefs stared at us. Alaricus leans forward, his large hands resting beside my own as he presses himself to me, allowing some of his weight to rest on me, as our chests press together.
"Eros really likes you in blue, as do I, it's one of the few things we agree on. You really do look absolutely delectable in dark blue love. Your skin looks so flushed, and your lips are so red today, so ripe begging to be tasted." He whispers out slowly his thumb rubbing over my bottom lip slowly, as my eyes widen and I back away further into the cabinets. His free hand slowly trails over my bare arm and I silently curse myself for wearing a fitted tank top.

"God you look unbearably beautiful all I can think about is you, you're very distracting you know." Alaricus murmurs softly his large hands coming to rest on my waist.

"Eros isn't helping he loves pointing out how flushed your skin is, the heated blush of your cheeks as we brush against you, and the gleam in your eyes from all the exercise . It's truly driving me insane." He tells me gently his lips closing around my ear as his teeth graze it gently, and I gasp trying to pull away from him, looking around embarrassed about what Alaricus was doing in front of others. Luckily the chefs all knew better then to stay in close proximity, and had gathered at the far end of the kitchen cooking as they exchanged sly smirks.

"Alaricus stop it." I said pushing against his chest, as I struggled to free myself of his hold. Over the past few days me and Alaricus had gotten much closer, and he was more free with showing his affections but that didn't mean I was entirely comfortable with it.

He pressed a deep kiss to my cheek, his lips hovering on my cheek for longer then necessary before he released his hold on me taking a small step back finally allowing some distance to come between us.
""I'm sorry angel." He tells me sincerely, sorrow clear in the honey depths. Before I can think about it I lean up to press a quick kiss to his jaw letting him know it was alright not wishing to see him sad.

His eyes clear, but a slight sorrow remains in them.
"How did I get so lucky?" He mumbled to himself softly and I blush deeply turning around again pretending I didn't hear.

"Sire, it's late the guests are starting to arrive you two should begin to get ready." A younger chef says his head bowed as he speaks to Alaricus and my lips turn down slightly as I look at the both of them.

Alaricus nod slightly mumbling something incomprehensible to my human years, before he turns towards me.
"Shall we, love?" He asks me gently holding a hand out to me and I nod quickly setting down the bowl of coriander I held as I place my hand into Alaricus' awaiting palm. I steal a mouthwatering chocolate truffle from one of the large platters as I leave giggling as Mr.Morgan glares at me, his eyes soft and playful. Alaricus gazes down at me smiling softly his honey eyes unbearably sweet, more so than the chocolate that lay melting on my tongue. His fingers clasp around my hand and he allows me to lead him out of the kitchen. I smile in farewell to all the chefs and they bow at me in return and my smile drops, I still wasn't use to being treated this way, and I feared I would never like it.

We walk silently up the stairs, stopping right before my room and Alaricus tugs on my hand softly urging me to turn towards him and I comply. His eyes rake over my face, before he steps forward pressing a quick kiss to my forehead, he lets his lips hover as he speaks.
"I'll see you in a bit love." Idiotically I nod, and my forehead hits his nose, I gasp pulling away from him, he stands up from his leaning position, chucking softly. I mumble incoherent apologies as I rub his nose having to lean up to reach his face. He stays in place and only after a minute of panic do I realize he was completely fine, merely silent so that I would keep tending to him. I scowl at him letting out a huff as I step away crossing my arms over my chest and a soft chuckle escapes him as his finger comes up to gently flick my nose and I turn back looking at him shocked before rubbing my own nose even though it didn't hurt. Chuckling to himself he turns away from me heading to his own room leaving me standing in the hallway rubbing my nose as I mutter harmless curses to myself.

A/N--------------------------------------------------
Hi guys I know it's been forever since I updated but I really hope you enjoyed this one. I'm already more then halfway done the next so that should be up very soon as well.(which is why this one is so short) I have a little surprise for you all in the next update! Have a great night my lovelies.