Chapter 11

"Good evening Amara." Came the deep velvety voice from the doorway. I looked up from my spot on the bed to see Alaricus standing there, a soft smile on his face, his eyes the colour of melting honey, they were absolutely hypnotizing.

"Evening." I replied, transfixed by his eyes, he was the perfect predator. One look into his eyes and the prey was hooked unable to get away, perhaps some even idiotic enough to be unwilling to.

"Have you eaten yet?" He asked, walking further into the room.

"Yes" I replied and he nodded, now standing right in front of me.

"Well would you care to join me for a cup of evening tea?" He asked.

"No I-uh I'm not really one to drink tea after dinner." I lied. I loved tea. I could drink it at any time of the day, but even my favourite beverage would be hard to digest in the presence of the beast.

"Are you sure? I was hoping that with the excuse of tea I could show you what was behind those doors, Frank was telling me you seemed curious." He said.

So now it had come down to bribery, but I couldn't help myself I really wanted to see what was in that room.
"Well I'm sure one cup wouldn't hurt." I said, and his eyes seemed to light up.

"Alright, well I will have tea set up, would you be able to find your way there, in say ten minutes?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I said, and he turned around making his way out the door.

I tugged on a cardigan over my clothing due to the cold, quickly washing my face before I left my room closing the door behind me.

I found my way to the room, and in front of the closed door stood Alaricus waiting for me, he waited patiently as I walked towards him. As I finally reached him, I prepared myself for the worst, this man was absolutely ruthless god knows what type of secrets he had hidden here, maybe it was the bodies of all the people he had murdered, perhaps it was the people still awaiting their deaths in various forms of pain, from the different types of torture this despicable man could conjure up.

I waited for him to open the door glaring at the doors, nibbling on my lip nervously but after a few moments I realized he was just standing there and I turned towards him and almost gasped when I saw how close he was to me now.

My face was nearly pressed against his chest due to our proximity, and I looked up at him getting even more wary, why was he so close. I thought of stepping away but I was already so close to the doors.

He seemed to be in a trance as he simply stood there gazing down at me, his eyes wandered all over my face before settling down on my lips, and his golden brown eyes seemed to swirl with longing, and I quickly released my bottom lip from the grasp of my teeth, flushing slightly being so close to him. He had such an intimidating aura, it was terrifying being so close to him the power he possessed seemed to omit off him in waves.

I cleared my throat starting to get highly uncomfortable under his gaze and he broke out of his trance smiling apologetically, before turning to me the longing on his eyes way suppressed, an excitement taking over his features.

"Are you ready?" He asked and I nodded apprehensively, what could have a man like Alaricus Knight so excited, I couldn't help but think I really didn't want to know anymore, but before I could come up with an excuse to leave he threw the doors open and what I saw had me gasping out of shock.