Chapter 7

It was empty, the room I had spent so many years of my life in was completely bare, all traces of me living here gone. All that was left was my bed and dresser every one of my personal belongings were sitting on the front porch courtesy of my dad, who had come into my room this morning trying to act as if he wasn't worried out of his mind while grabbing my bags.

I couldn't bear the sight of my room in this state. As i made my way towards my parents I saw my dad standing with his arm around my mom trying to console her as she cried into him. As I had made them promise we hasn't talked about what would happen to me in that castle but I knew they worried, I knew they knew my life was over I would live the rest of my days as the possession of the beast. I heard their frantic whispers at night, I saw the way my mom would try her best not to tear up when she looked at me, the way my dad tried to spend every waking moment in my presence.

The beast would be here at any minute now, I couldn't delay saying goodbye anymore I would have to do it now.

I made my way to my parents hugging my mom first. I snuggled into her warmth for all I knew this would be the last time I hugged my mom. I would miss the comfort and warmth a mothers hug provided. I slowly disentangled myself from my moms arms making my way into my fathers awaiting ones. He hugged me tightly to him resting one hand on my head and soothing it like he use to when I was a child. His hand came up to my face using his thumb to swipe at the tears I hadn't even realized were there. I felt my heart tighten when I felt my dads body shaking with sobs.

I pulled away from him alarmed to see my strong father crying. I held his hands and brought them near my face gently asking him why he was crying. His reply was what broke me and made me despise Alaricus Night that much more.
"I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you Amara, I wasn't strong enough to protect my own child. I'm so sorry." My dad said looking down as if unable to face me.

My heart broke seeing my own father like this, the man who had always protected me the man who had always been my hero had finally cracked and it was all because of Alaricus Night. I would never forgive the man as long as I would live. I had never hated anyone as much as I hated that man.

"Dad it's not your fault. There is nothing you could have done perhaps this was meant to happen to me. But papa you don't have to worry about me I'm gonna be fine." I said trying to reassure my father. He didn't answer he simply pulled me back to him hugging me tight again. He kissed my head before letting me go.

"We love you so much baby take care of yourself." My mom said to me.

"I love you guys too." I responded trying to stop the tears.

My dad opened his mouth to say something but the bell rang. I felt my heart drop to my stomach as I looked into the widened eyes of my mother.