Chapter 28

Warm rough skin gently rubbed against my cheek, trailing the planes of my face softly as a pair of warm lips pressed in to my hair. Letting out a small yawn I snuggled closer to the warmth, I really liked my new pillows this one was rock hard but very smooth, although it had ridges, it was very comforting. I pried my eyes open.

Warm honey eyes looked upon me adoringly his thick lashes only serving to give them a more wild look, the sweet honey of them being more treasured in contrast to the thick black they were framed within.
"Morning love." He said softly his voice deep and husky from his rest. His arms are wrapped tightly around me as they had been when we fell asleep, he holds me so that I'm completely draped over him. Each crevice of mine pressed to his and he refuses to let me move even an inch.

"Morning." I mumbled straining and failing to contain a yawn. My arms stretch out involuntary pressing into the prominent abdominal muscles of Alaricus making my eyes widen as I pull away the feel of his warm taut muscles something I couldn't shake off.
"Tired?" He asks chuckling softly as I yawn again in response making a small flush rise to my face.

"I'm going to be out later today, a few packs in the east are having rogue problems, but I'd love it if you would spend the morning with me." He asks playing with a few strands of my hair as he gazes at me his honey eyes lit up with hope.
"I'd love to, but you're going to have to feed me." I say and he smiles pressing a kiss to my head.

"And what would my love like to eat?" He asks and my face falls, making decisions wasn't my forte, whether that be which hair tie to grab or what to eat I was almost always indecisive to the point of being clueless.

"I don't know." I say slowly nibbling on my lip as I think. He wraps his arms tightly around me pulling me into him his large form nearly covering my own as he cocoons himself around me.

"Take your time." He says smugly, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck letting out a deep sigh and settling down reminding me eerily of a puppy. My body stiffens involuntarily, his large hand coming up to softly rub my back making me relax.

"Pancakes." I say suddenly the sweet soft morning delicacy the only thing that I can think of once I catch sight of a book title that sits on Alaricus' desk.

"That was too quick." He moans into my neck his hot breath making me squirm.

"But let's go, can't have my love hungry now can we?" He says pulling away grinning, and I'm momentarily stunned at the sight of his bright smile. How were his teeth so perfect, white pearls engraved within his red plump lips, his honey eyes crinkling and glowing as he smiles, melting even the stoniest of hearts.
"Y-yeah." I stutter.

He stands up, and I stare at him, I had forgotten that eating meant moving, and with how comfortable I was that didn't seem very tempting. He suddenly bends his arms going around me he scoops me up into his arms, holding me close to his large firm chest. For the first time I don't argue trying to hide my blush I press my face closer to his bare chest. The hard warm contours of his muscled chest pleasant against my cold skin.

He walks down the steps walking us both into the large kitchen he sets me down in one of the bar stools. Leaning over me to twist my stool to face him, causing waves of déjà vu to crash into my still tired mind, except one thing was missing, Adrian.

"Adrian." I say my eyes wide as I stare at Alaricus, it had been ages since I had seen that little munchkin, I had to see him today.

"How is he?" Alaricus asks.
"I haven't seen him for a very long time but he's a smart kid and Victoria watches him like a hawk." I say the longing to see the little ray of sunshine making my words sound forlorn. He was so bright and innocent it was hard not to love him. He had me wrapped around his pudgy little fingers and the blue eyed pumpkin knew it.