Pass of Caradhras

Ithilwen's POV

I haven't spoken to anyone since my fight with Legolas. If I was being totally honest I wasn't in the mood for conversation. Which as luck would have it was one thing that was not happening right now. 

We were all trying to get through the thick blanket of snow, well, most of us were. Legolas was walking on the snow as if it were solid ground. 

 The storm was increasing and the poor hobbits were only getting colder. 

 "Frodo!" I heard Aragorn yell and I quickly spun around to look in there direction. Frodo had fallen and was now frantically searching the snow. 

 "I have lost the ring!" He panicked. I looked around trying to find it. The moment I spotted the gold band lying on top of the snow Boromir had already reached down to pick it up.

"Boromir?" Aragorn yelled, but Boromir didn't seem to notice. Making my way over to the trio I could see Boromir gazing at the ring like a man possessed " It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing...such a little thing." 

 Finally I reached them and I laid my hand on Boromir's shoulder, "this is not you Boromir, come back to us," I whispered to him gently. 

 His gaze broke from the ring and turned to me. I than noticed how close our faces were and took a step back, dropping my arm from his shoulder. He turned his gaze to Frodo and help out the chain that held the ring. 

 Frodo quickly snatched it and put it around his neck. Everyone sighed in relief. "As you wish" Boromir begins as he turns to face me, the look in his eyes make me uncomfortable and I turn away. "I care not" he finishes.

We had been walking for what seemed like hours when suddenly Gandalf stopped and looked around. 

 " So, Gandalf...you try to lead them over Caradhras. And if that fails...where then will you go?" A voice on the wind whispers. I hear this clearly as does Gandalf it would seem but no one else shows any signs of hearing the voice. 

 " If the mountain defeats you, will you risk a more dangerous road?" I looked towards Gandalf my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

'What road could be more dangerous than this one?' I thought to myself. 

 The storm had increased to a blinding blizzard and it was becoming more difficult to move through it. Legolas moves to the edge of the mountain, just in front of me, he seems to be listening for something. 

 "There is a fell voice in the air!" he yells to Gandalf. 

 "It's Saruman!" Gandalf yells back as he gets himself out of the snow so that he can stand on the edge of the mountain beside the Elf. I do the same and perk my ears. I can hear a chant on the wind. 

Something sinister, something meant to cause harm.

"He's trying to bring down the mountain. Gandalf! We must turn back!" Aragorn yells holding Frodo tightly to try and keep him warm. 

 "No!" Yells Gandalf as he raises his staff and starts chanting himself "Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho I ruith." 

 The sinister voice strengthens and a bolt of lightening hits the mountain bringing down rocks and snow. 

 Legolas pushes Gandalf to the wall but he himself is still to close to the edge. 

 "Look out!" I yell as I push him towards the mountain side as the snow finally hits, burying us all. 

 I cant feel ground beneath me for a few seconds and then suddenly I hit it, hard! 

 The impact sends me back into darkness.