The beacons have been lit!

3rd Person POV

Over the last few days since Gandalf and Pippin's departure for Gondor, Ithilwen had regained her spirit. 

 She laughed and smiled again. 

 She ran around with the small children and she helped the villagers with everyday chores. 

 She did all this without even the faintest idea that she was being watch be three men who had each come to love her in their own ways.

Gimli's POV

I smiled as I watched the lass play tag with the small children of the village. 

 Never running faster than the slowest child. 

 Every once and a while she would pretend to fall on the ground where she would than be tackled with children. 

 Her sweet laugh ran through the air and put smiles on the faces of all who heard.

Aragorn's POV

When Ithilwen wasn't playing with the children I would often see her helping the adults. She was never asks to, nor did she complain. Her kindness knew no limits. 

 When she was free she would discuss battle plans with us. She spoke with so much experience it was hard to believe she had barley ever fought before. 

 Unfortunately for her, she would not be fighting soon either. 

 Gimli, Legolas and myself had already decided we would not risk her life in the up and coming battle. 

We do not plan on telling her until we reach the encampment.

Legolas' POV

Ithilwen and I were siting in the great hall talking about Mirkwood. Every time I answered a question, she would ask two more. When she smiled I felt my heart warm at the sight and would always smile back brightly. 

 It was not long before a sweaty Aragorn ran into the hall, "the beacons of Minas Tirith! The beacons are lit!" I see Ithilwen's eyes widen as we look towards Theoden, waiting for his answer to the hidden question in Aragorn's eyes. 

 "Gondor calls for aid." Aragorn continues, his eyes searching that of the king's. 

 "And Rohan will answer! Muster the Rohirrim. Assemble the army at Dunharrow, as many men as can be found. You have two days. On the third, we ride for Gondor... and war." 

 Ithilwen jumps from her seat and run to Theoden, "thank you," I hear her whisper to him as she embraces him in a tight hug. 

 After the shock wears off Theoden returns the hug before bowing and heading off to prepare.

Ithilwen's POV

We are preparing the horses. Aragorn is speaking with Eowyn and I can not hear what is being said. When he walks away I approach her. 

 "Hello, we never got to meet officially my Lady. I am Ithilwen." I bow to her and she smiles. 

 "It is nice to meet you Lady Ithilwen, I am Eowyn." We talk for a while. Eowyn takes a step back and almost trips. 

 Grabbing her hand I steady her. Suddenly an image flashes before my eyes. Eowyn is fighting in front of Gondor, she falls. The scene changes. Aragorn is healing her. Again it changes. I see a man, him and Eowyn are holding hands as they look towards Mordor. 

 Eowyn looks content. It finishes and I look at Eowyn with a small smile, "You will find happiness soon my Lady," sadness overcomes my voice,"but first you will suffer." 

 Her eyes widen as she turns and walks away. Shaking my head I mount my horse as we head out to the encampment. Later to ride to war.