We will not stand idly by!!!

Eowyn's POV

Everyone was packing up preparing to leave. Me? I was trying to find Ithilwen. Last night I had over heard the conversation between herself and Legolas. At least when Aragorn had rejected me he had done so kindly. It still hurt to think of him but right now I had to focus on finding Ithilwen. 

 The men were leaving and I will be damned if I am to be left behind! As I turn a corner I walk straight into the very person I am looking for. 

 "Ah, Lady Ithilwen. The men are preparing to leave. I say we follow them and join in on the battle!" 

My voice is strong and full of determination. She just shakes her head. My jaw drops. I have heard stories of this woman from Gimli. He said she was always the first to want to charge into battle. What on Middle-Earth had happ...Legolas. 

Sighing to myself I grip her wrist tightly and drag her into a tent. She doesn't even object or argue. 

That's it! 

 SMACK! 

 Her eyes snap to mine as her hand reaches for her now reddening cheek.

"What on Middle-Earth was that for!" she yells astonished. I smirk to myself and go to slap her again. 

She catches my wrist so I throw a punch with the other one. She deflects, soon we are fighting in the tent, I show no mercy and nor does she. Soon she has me pinned and is glaring at me, her eyes slightly red in color.

 "Do you want to tell me why all of a sudden you are attacking me!" she yells furiously. Looking her dead in the eyes I put on a serious expression. 

 "You are letting Legolas control you Ithilwen! I have heard stories of your love for charging into battle and yet you do not wish to follow the men today! He was lying to you! Could you not detect the lie!? He cares for you Ithilwen and is trying to protect you from the fight! But that isn't you. You always fight for the innocent, so do so today! We will not stand idly by while the men fight the battle that concern us all!"

When my speech was finished she was smiling at me. Helping me up I was soon embraced in a tight hug. "Thank you, Eowyn. You are so right." 

 Quickly we dressed in left over armor from the men. Tying our hair back and making sure to keep it hidden within our helms. As we were riding out I saw Merry standing gloomily while other's rode past him. 

 They were just going to leave him here! He was allowed to fight like the rest of us. I looked towards Ithilwen who nodded. When I was close enough I scoped down and picked up Merry placing him in front of me on my horse. 

 "Ride with me," I whisper. 

 "My lady," he replies and I can basically feel the smile.

Soon we are riding, well on our way to Gondor. Well on our way to the first battle I have ever been to. I hope beyond hope that this will not be my last days.