Reunions

Ithilwen's POV

It was noon when we reached the White City, it was easy to get in unseen as we just followed the civilians who were gathering to witness the crowning of the new king. Each of us were wearing grey cloaks, fulling covering our faces. 

 Finding a spare room I ushered everyone in. We discussed how we would go about re-introducing everyone back into the world. 

 Telling everyone to stay put I went in search of some clothes for them to wear to coronation.

As I wondered the halls, I went unnoticed by all. Well almost. I felt someone grab my wrist and gently drag me into a near by room. 

 Looking up I saw Galadriel, my sister. She hugged me tightly as I felt tears hit my neck. "You had me so worried. You were so brave, your mother told me of the bargain you had made. She told me you would all be in need of some clothes so I have brought some with me," she handed me a large package. 

 "Your mother herself gave me instructions for the dress. Hurry, you haven't got long before the coronation. Make sure you keep hidden at the back of the crowd, wait for my signal." 

I smiled at her as she ushered me out of the room, "thank you," I said as I made my way back to the room.

Everyone dressed accordingly. Galadriel seemed to have gotten even the dwarf's clothing fit for kings. Smiling at the thought I went behind the changing screen to get into my clothes. 

 In my rush to get ready I never fully looked at my dress. That is until I came out from behind the screen to find everyone staring in awe. 

 Well everyone except Queen Nostariel, she smiled proudly at me as I held my head up high. Looking in the mirror I gasped, that could not be me, than I looked at my hair. What am I meant to do with that? 

Queen Nostariel must of noticed my confused eyes staring at my hair as she approached me. "Sit Ithilwen, I will style it for you." I did as I was told as I let Nostariel place my hair in an up do.

When we were all prepared we placed our hoods over our heads once more before making our way to the coronation. As instructed by my older sister we waited in the back. 

 Keeping silent as Gandalf crowned Aragorn king. My eyes shone with tears as I proudly looked upon the man who had come so far. 

He approached a blonde elf and my heart burst when I saw Legolas. His eyes were red and he looked like he had not slept in days. He looked skinnier and I could see the worry in Aragorn and Gimli's eyes. 

Legolas moved aside and Aragorn's eyes widened as Arwen stepped out from behind a banner. Slowly she approached him, bowing in front of him. But Aragorn would have no of that, raising her head he kissed her. 

 The smile that lit up their faces almost put my mother's stars to shame. Hand in hand they approached the Hobbits. I smiled brightly when I saw Merry, Pippin, Frodo and Sam. 

 All I wanted to do was run to them. But I knew I had to wait. They looked sad and I bowed my head when I realized the amount of sorrow I had caused.

A hand was placed on my shoulder, "do not feel guilty Ithilwen, no one knows the true battle you had to face, you never meant to leave them, and you have returned." 

I smiled at Nostariel's words to me. Now I could see where Legolas got his caring heart. I watched as the Hobbits bowed before Aragorn. 

 "My friends," he said as they raised there little heads, "you bow to no one." Than in a move worthy of a king, Aragorn bowed, followed shortly by everyone else in the crowd. We bowed before the little heroes of Middle-Earth.