CHAPTER ELEVEN - Alex's past - PART ONE

Tyson POV

Alex had just gotten on her ride. I left her by the buss stop but didn’t stray far because I wanted to keep an eye on her. It wasn’t smart for a girl to wander on her own in this neighborhood. Not even if she had Alex’s skills.

Now that she was gone I needed to move. To where, I didn’t know. It didn’t really matter. I just didn’t want to go back to the house. Not ever. But I knew I would have to return eventually. I couldn’t afford to live on my own. Plus, I was still underage.

Just a few more months!” I thought, counting down to my birthday. “Then I’ll be free! I’ll just have to try harder to avoid him till then.”

Especially now. I wanted to kill him.

The way he looked at her… The way he talked to her… All that made me want to just pounce on that scumbag and hit him until he was unconscious. And then to hit him some more.

I sighed.

I needed to work. Right now. But I had to wait until it was evening. Then the Ring would provide me with the much desired arena to vend off my frustration. Tonight I wouldn’t give a damn about the money; I just needed to fight!

But right now, I needed a smoke.

*****

The Ring rule number six: fights are one on one, two on two, one on two and, on special occasions, melees. The last provided the best way to unleash the beast within you which was exactly what I needed this evening. Unfortunately for me, tonight wasn’t a special occasion. So I had to go with the second best choice: one on two. I would be fighting alone of course. As for my opponents… Well, I didn’t really care who they were, as long as they were strong. It was for their own good to be so ‘cause I was going all the way tonight.

No mercy for anyone!

*****

Alex POV

I was right - Tyson was fighting at the Ring tonight. I knew he would want… no, he would need to do so after what happened this morning. I would be doing the same if our roles were switched. At least I would want to… but he would never allow it. He never did. Although he knew he would make good money from me, not once did he even think to put me in the Ring. No. That would’ve attracted too much attention to me and I was too precious for him. I was his. At least he wanted it that way!

I sighed heavily. I was just starting to forget about him! And now here I was at the Ring – one of the places where he would make his money, so I could watch another guy fight.

I looked down at the arena just in time to see Tyson enter again. It was his third battle for the night; all of them were one on two with him fighting alone. He hadn’t noticed me yet and I was hoping to keep it that way.

“Perhaps I should go home…” I thought. But I just couldn’t keep my gaze away from the boy with the mismatched eyes.

The fight started.

God, he was beautiful!

And I didn’t mean his face. The way he moved… It was pure poetry! It was hypnotizing! Fast, swift, accurate… So deadly in his fury! He was like a wild animal: lunging at his prey with both enough force and speed to cause maximum damage. He was out for blood tonight! He just couldn’t get enough of it. Needless to say the battle was over quickly with one of his opponents too exhausted to get up and the other lying unconscious on the floor.