CHAPTER FOURTEEN - She works as a what?!

A/N: Chapter dedicated to @reghan99 <3

*****

Alex’s POV

Tyson. Fucking. Williams.

The new bane of my existence. He had the bloody nerve not to show up at school! I usually wouldn’t care about him ditching, but today was Tuesday, a.k.a. his day to be taking care of that stupid doll. But no! Mr. High-and-Mighty Tyson Williams was too cool for school! Damn that boy! Damn him! Damn him! Damn him!

I was currently storming through the hallways, searching for a certain brown-haired cutie to help me out of my predicament. I found him at his locker.

“Where the fuck is that jerk?” I almost shouted instead of a greeting.

“Well, hello, Alexandra! It’s nice to see you too!” He responded playfully.

“Oh, come on, Angel! Just tell me!” I whined. “It’s his damn turn to be taking care of the damn doll.”

“I honestly don’t know why he isn’t here…” The boy started and I groaned. “But I could give you his number. I would be risking my head if I do that though.”

“Please, oh, please, Angel!” I said, doing a puppy dog face. “Won’t you help a single mother locate the father of her baby? Plus, it would be so much happier with Tyson; the thing hates me.”

He laughed at my reaction and shook his head. Amusement was still lingering in his blue eyes when he reached out his hand and said:

“Fine, give me your phone, you poor single mom!”

I handed him the device and he typed in Tyson’s number without even looking at his own mobile. I guess he just knew his best friend’s digits by heart.

“Thanks, hun! You’re a lifesaver!”

I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and left for the classroom where Homeroom was held. Since it was too distracting to take care of the dolls during school hours, it was decided that all the babies would be stored in Homeroom and we would get them back after our last period.

As I approached the abovementioned classroom, I saw another familiar face.

“Hey, Danny! Are you waiting for Tara?”

“Yeah, I’m her ride home.”

We had arranged our schedules so that the three of us and a few other seniors from our group would have the same days off so we could spend the free time together. I remembered seeing Tara and Danny after school with their babies and I smiled. They looked like a happy family of four. Until Mike Barbson - Tara’s baby’s father, came to greet her. In a flash Danny’s mood went down hill. Boy, was he jealous! Tara didn’t give him any reasons though. She greeted Mike politely, but no matter how hard the jock tried to hook the petite redhead up, the girl didn’t flirt back a single time. After fifteen minutes Barbson finally got the hint, gave up and left. I remembered Danny grinning like a fool at his back.

I went inside and signed on a list to show that I had taken my doll. I got outside and sat on one of the benches in the courtyard before dialing the newly-saved phone number.

A grunt greeted me when he finally picked up.

“Grunting?” I shouted, not caring the phone was close to his ear. “You leave me to take care of our damn baby on my own and all you do is grunt?”

“Alex?” Tyson asked in a sexy morning voice.

Sexy? Focus, Alex, focus! You are supposed to be angry with the boy!