CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO - The Bet

A/N: The quantities and careless mixture of alcohol drunk in this chapter are purely a result of my imagination. Kids, don’t try this at home! ;)

*****

Alex POV

It was Friday night and Tyson and I were at the victory party at the Tribbiani’s house. Joey had been right: our school mopped the floor with our rivals. The athlete was just sharing with us how amazed he was to see us sitting at the same couch.

“Seriously, all you guys do is argue.”

“Actually, we happen to get along much better now,” I protested.

“You mean it used to be worse?” I nodded. “Come on! You two can’t even stay in the same room for five frickin' minutes without getting into a fight,” Joey commented and I heard some of the people around us murmur their agreement.

“Hey, that’s not true!” I objected once more.

He gave me a “yea-right” look.

“Okay, maybe it is, but only because we’re not … hmmm… motivated enough to do so.”

“Okay, how is this for motivation: I bet you twenty bucks… no, make that fifty bucks each that you can’t stay handcuffed to each other for let’s say… an hour.”

“Well, I’m in!” I accepted at once although I was sure that I would regret it later.

“Well, I’m not!” Was Tyson’s grumpy answer. “Besides, where are you going to find handcuff from?”

“Don’t worry, babe; I got that covered!” I reassured, taking a pair of handcuffs out of my black bag.

Tyson looked at me suspiciously.

“Why are you carrying those around?” The boy queried, his mismatch eyes darting between the handcuffs and me.

“Because this is my mystery bag,” I answered with a bright smile on my face.

“Your what?”

“My mystery bag. Since I haven’t used it in over a month I had no idea what was in it besides the things I put in today. So during recess I got bored and started rummaging through it and guess what I found!”

“I’m afraid to ask what else is in there,” he muttered grimly.

“Ooh, no! Don’t try to change the subject; are you in or are you going to chicken out of the bet?” I questioned, giving him my most daring smile. I knew that if I put it like that, he’d say yes.

“I’m in,” Ty announced, glaring at me.

“Okay, then! Give me the kinky gear and let the games begin!” Joey shouted enthusiastically.

Amused by his attitude I gave him a huge grin and a wink whereas Tyson groaned.

“Here you go!” I said, handing him “the kinky gear”.

“Nice!” Joey whistled while taking the handcuff from me. “These actually look like they would hold, not like the ones that are usually sold at sex shops.”

“Thanks! I… hmm… borrowed them from this cop and kind of forgot to give them back…” I saw a few people raise their eyebrows at me. “Don’t ask! It’s a long story.”

“Okay… moving on then. Give me your hands!” Joey ordered us and I extended my right and Ty his left hand so the boy could cuff us. “Well, now that that is all done we can start timing you. Oh, and I’ll be taking this; just to make sure that things will be fair,” he declared, taking the key I’d pulled out along with the handcuffs. “So…” He addressed the others around us. “Let’s start the bets about who is going to kill the other one first!”