CHAPTER SIXTEEN - Jailbird

Alex POV

Of all the days he had to get arrested today! I was currently on my way to the station to bail his sorry ass out of jail. I didn’t know what he had done or how much I had to pay to get him out so I had my emergency credit card with me. It had a lot of cash in it, but I rarely used it. It was called “emergency credit card” for a reason.

Good thing my family was well-off!

I parked the car I’d borrowed from Danny in front of the station and got in. There weren’t many officers there but then again this was a small town. I filled the required documents and after I paid, one of cops led me to the back where the cells were. When we approached the one Tyson was held in, I took in the sight before me.

He was sitting at one of those bench-like things with his elbows on his knees and his head lowered in his hands. His hair was messy and so were his clothes. His jeans were torn and he was covered in dirt.

He still looked sexy as hell.

His cellmate was sitting on the floor, leaning his back on the wall behind him. He was in his late thirties and had brown eyes with a bored look to them. His head was shaved and his slim but muscled upper body was adorned in colorful tattoos.

“Here we go!” The plump police officer announced, stopping in front of the door of the cell and reaching for the keys, but his hand stopped midway. They weren’t there. “Where the… I’ll be right back!”

With that he left me standing there. I cleared my throat.

“Enjoying ourselves, are we?” I asked sarcastically.

Tyson’s head snapped up. He stared at me with wide, surprised eyes before narrowing them into a glare.

“What the fuck are you doing here?” He spat out.

“Came to bail you out, sunshine!” I explained, faking enthusiasm. I heard his cellmate snicker at the nickname, but Ty ignored it.

“I didn’t call you; I called Angel!”

“I know, but he called me. He was really tired from his shift so I agreed to come get you instead.”

But why had I agreed to come? I was also tired tonight. I heard Tyson groan as a response to my answer.

“What did I do to deserve this?” He queried, looking up and throwing his hands in the air.

“Well, I’m not exactly doing a happy dance myself. I’ve had a rather busy day and yet instead of spending some quality time with my bed, here I am at the middle of the night to get your ungrateful ass out of the lockup.”

“Busy day, huh?” The boy sneered. “Had a threesome or an orgy?”

His jail buddy heartily laughed at that.

“You know what, jerk? I should just leave you here with your fellow jailbird to become his bitch!”

“Tyson isn’t really my type,” the tattooed guy explained, giving me a wink. “But I’m sure we can find someone around here to appreciate his good looks.”

“Jimmy!” Ty shouted angrily at him.

“Jimmy, I think I’m starting to like you!” I returned his gesture with a playful smile.

“You’ve already liked half the fucking town,” Tyson muttered and I glared at him.

“That’s it! I’m going to do it! I’m going to leave you here to get married to some big, fat, tattoo-covered biker and raise a family with him!”