CHAPTER TWENTY - Date night

Tyson POV

It was Friday a.k.a. date night and we were going to the movies. I was supposed to pick Gloriana up but she approached me today at school to tell me to meet her there instead.

“Hey, Tyson!” Was what she’d purred licking her lips during lunch. “There’s been a slight change of plan. Can you meet me straight at the mall instead?”

“Sure,” I answered not really caring.

“I promise to make it up to you!” She winked flirtatiously and walked away.

I’m sure you’ll try to!

So now I was at one of the places I hated the most in this town: the mall. I was waiting for Glory in front of the movie theater when I saw a few familiar faces approaching with popcorn in their hands. I walked straight to the group consisting solely of girls, grabbing the one I was aiming for and twisting her around to face me.

“Where the hell is Tallie?” I asked curtly.

“Guys…” Alex turned to her friends. “Why don’t you go wait in the theatre?”

Some of them appeared hesitant, probably worried that I’d hurt her, but in the end the small crowd did as they were told.

“I got Tallie a babysitter.” Alex explained calmly.

“What? Who?”

“That freshman that got knocked up a few months ago. She needs money for the baby and she could use the practice. I’ll pay her to watch the baby tomorrow as well if you agree to come with us.”

“I’m not going tomorrow.”

For days now, Alex and Angel had been trying to convince me to go dancing with them on Saturday evening.

“Oh, come on, Ty! It will be fun. You’re obviously trying new things.” She was referring to me being in the mall, knowing how much I disliked the place.

“Don’t think so!”

“So you can go on a date with the WWV but you can’t go to a club with you best friend and me? No rhyme intended.”

“The what?” I was perplexed.

“WWV - the Wicked Witch with the Vest. That’s Gloriana. ‘Cause she’s the preppy type that likes vests, and she’s wicked, and I’m pretty sure she’s a witch.”

I held back a laugh but Alex wasn’t done.

“Maybe we should tie something heavy to her, push her in the water and see if she’ll float…” She suggested thoughtfully as if she was really considering doing it. I couldn’t help it any more and chuckled.

“Tyson, baby…” I heard Glory’s voice behind me. “Sorry, I’m late!”

I turned to face the newcomer and my laugh only increased as I imagined Alex pushing her from a bridge and dancing merrily while grinning like the little imp she was.

“What’s so funny…” Glory began again but her gaze fell on Alex. “Oh! It’s you.” She didn’t even try to hide the disdain in her voice.

“Hey, Gloriana!” Alex greeted cheerfully. “What took you so long? Couldn’t find a parking spot for your broom?”

I had to bite my tongue not to laugh again.

What?!” Glory spat furiously at the little brunette in front of her. “You better take that back, you little…”

“Oh, I’m sorry! I forgot: you’re a modern girl. So are you using a vacuum cleaner instead?” Alex kept her tone sickeningly sweet.