CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE - Deal

A/N: I apologize for the long wait but as some of you might already know, my laptop was in repairs for the last few days. I didn't have much time to write which is one reason why this chapter turned out shorter than intended. Hope you guys still enjoy it!

*****

Tyson POV

“Stefan?” Alex muttered through a barely-there whisper.

Stefan?!

That was him?

But why was he here?

And what did he mean by “that’s my girl you’re kissing”?

“Beat it!” He commanded me while keeping his eyes on Alex with a lusty flame to them.

I didn’t move. Realizing that, he finally turned to me and looked me over for about five seconds before uttering in annoyance:

“Didn’t you hear me? I told you to beat it.”

“I don’t take orders,” I stated, gnashing my teeth.

“You are just a one-night entertainment to her,” he pointed with his head to Alex. “And me? I’m so much more. So save yourself the embarrassment of her sending you off and go away.”

“What makes you think she’d send me off?” I queried, taking a few steps towards the intruder.

“I just explained that, didn’t I?” The blond drawled, his irritation visible in his eyes again. “I hate to repeat myself. So would this help you reconsider?”

He casually got one hand out of his pocket and opened up his jacket. There, over the left hip, tucked in his belt, was a gun. The sight of the previously concealed weapon took me aback but not as much as Alex’s actions; the brunette, who had to this point done nothing but stare as in a daze had now lurched like a wild animal at the newcomer, screaming at him and attempting to hit him in her rage. The boy let go of the clothing and grasped her hands, preventing her from delivering any blows. His face didn’t even flinch as Alex kept on shouting and trashing around. What she yelled I could not understand as it was in Bulgarian.

And so was the conversation that ensued between them.

*****

Alex POV

Stefan.

He was here.

Why?

Why was he here?

I left him back at home, I was happy without him… Why did he have to show up?

Did he enjoy hurting me that much that he’d come all this way just to ruin my life again?

I stared at him, hoping that I was having a nightmare. I even hoped that I was seeing things though that would mean that there was something wrong with me. But I’d much rather have to go to a shrink than this turning out to be reality.

My confused mind vaguely noted that he gave an order to Tyson. I wasn’t sure what he’d uttered, but by the tone of his voice, I knew it had to be a command; sadly, I was all too familiar with that inflection. What I could clearly register though was that he was staring at me… With that look. I was familiar with that as well: it held a mixture of lust, gloating and triumph.