Found

A/N
The song I put up there for this chapter is Just Be Held by Casting Crowns. I'm pretty sure they're a Christian band, but their music is great. This song was played at my grandma's sister's funeral. She died recently, and the funeral was today. When I heard this song come on, my reaction was "Oh why this song." I love the song, but it has that feeling. It feels like everything is over. Like there's no hope. But at the same time, it gives you hope. Tells you everything is okay. But I really like the song. So that why I oxides it. And I think it fits the mood of the chapter. Enjoy the chapter!!
-Raylee

~~~~~Johnnie's POV~~~~~

As I ran down the street, I thought about where to go. Where am I going? I questioned myself. I kept thinking, and soon enough, I found myself at the park. Of course I'd come here. I thought. Whenever I was younger, and needed to be alone, I would always come here. I'd sit at the top of the playground, and cry. For hours and hours, again and again. So that's what I'd do now. I walked over to the miniature rock climbing wall thing, and climbed up it. Once at the top, I sat down against the wood railing. This playground held so many memories.

-----Flashback-----

"You're such a fu** up! You're a mistake!" My father said as he punched me in the gut. "You don't come tell me your gay and expect me to treat you the same!! That is wrong! No son of mine will be a f**!!" My father punched me one last time, and stormed out of the house.

Why do I have to be worthless? I thought. Tears were streaming down my face, forming rivers on my cheeks. I grabbed my notebook and a pen, put on my shoes, and ran out the door.

I knew exactly where I was going. The park. The park is my sanctuary. Where I go when I feel the need to cry for hours. When I feel the need to just let it it. The park is my shoulder to cry on. My friend, always there for me.

As I arrived at the park, I ran over to the rock wall. I climbed up the wall, and say at the top like I always do, and I cried. I wrote down song ideas, poems, and my feelings. I wrote what I felt. Like I do every time I come here.

-----Flashback Over-----

~~~~~Kyle's POV~~~~~

It's been 10 minutes since I left the house to look for Johnnie. So far, I've checked Chipotle and the mall. I'm on my way to the park. God, I hope he's there. I thought, becoming more worried by the second.

~~~~~Johnnie's POV~~~~~

I checked my phone to see what time it was, and the clock read 5:34. I'll stay here a little longer, then find somewhere to crash for the night. I thought to myself. I got up and climbed down the rock wall, feeling the need to move around. I walked over to the swings, sat down, and just stares at the empty road. Except the road wasn't empty like it was a few minutes ago. There was a car there. And it was turning in the direction of the park. That car looks familiar. I thought, but let it go. I looked down at the ground, studying the image as if I'd be tested on it. The grass was dying because it was Autumn. I looked at the fallen leaves, and the lonely sticks on the ground. Just like Autumn, everything will fall. All around me. I thought, recalling the beginning lyrics of Sounds Like Harmony's song Autumn. Suddenly, someone pulled me off the swing, and into a hug. It took me a minute to recognize who's arms I was in. Kyle. "I was so worried, Johnnie. Please, please don't ever run off like that again. Please." He said, truly sounding worried.

"I-I'm sorry. It's just....I had a nightmare. Or multiple nightmares. I don't really know how to describe it." I said, remembering the frightening images from when I was sleeping.

Kyle finally pulled back, but just enough to look me in the eyes. "Are you okay, baby?" He asked me. His eyes were searching mine.

"I guess." I answered honestly. "C-can we go home?" I asked.

"Sure." Kyle said, pulling away from me fully, but only to grab my hand after. "Do you wanna talk about your nightmare?" He asked as we started walking to the car.

"I don't-How about later?" I replied. I didn't really wanna talk about the horrifying dream.

"Okay. Whatever you want, baby." Kyle said sweetly.

~~~~~Third Person POV~~~~~

Johnnie and Kyle went home. When they got there, they sat in Kyle's room, and Johnnie told Kyle about his nightmare. "Oh my god. None of that will ever happen. I promise." Kyle said, hugging Johnnie as he cried. "I love you."

"I-I love y-you, too." Johnnie managed to say between sobs.

The two boys stayed like that for a while, and eventually, they both drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

A/N
Hey guys. Sorry it took so long for this chapter. I uh, one of my close family members passed away Friday, and the funeral was today. That and I've been kinda lazy. But yeah, I think this was an ok chapter. Not one of my best, but not my worst either. I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Have a great day!

Stay strong, be you, and love yourself.💫
-Raylee