My Gospel (Tony x Reader)

Tony's POV

I was throwing a party at Avengers tower to celebrate Pietro's birthday. I was walking around greeting guests and flirting with girls as usual when I see a girl sitting alone at the bar. She was absolutely breathtaking. I pushed off a girl that was trying to flirt with me and walked over to the bar.

"What's your name beautiful?" I asked her smirking.

"I'm (Y/N)." She smiled at me.

"I'm Tony Stark, but I'm sure you already know." I said confident.

"It just so happens that I do know who you are." She said.

"Can I get you a drink?" He said.

"A Lemon Drop would be nice. Thank you." She said. (I looked up types of cocktail drinks and I found this one. I liked the name and what it is made with sounds interesting)

I told the bartender what (Y/N) wanted and when he made it I slid it over to her.

"One Lemon Drop for a beautiful lady." I said causing her to slightly blush.

We talked for a little while about ourselves. She was really sweet and different than any other girl I've talked to at one of my parties.

"So how did you end up here?" I asked her.

"Well, my friend got invited and she left awhile ago to hook up with some guy." She told me.

"She ditched you? That's not cool." I said chuckling.

"No it's not. I was bored out of my mind until you came over here." She smiled at me. I grabbed her hand and started walking her to the elevator.

"Sorry Tony, you seem like a nice guy, but I'm not the one night stand type. I know your reputation with girls and I don't want to be added to the list." She told me.

"I understand. I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression." I apologized.

"I should really get going, I need to stop by my grandparents house for dinner with them and my parents." She said starting to walk away. I'm not letting her get away that easily.

"Wait! At least take this? We could get to know each other more." I said handing her a piece of paper with my phone number on it.

"Sure. It was nice to meet you Tony." She waved and walked into the elevator and was gone. Am I starting to develop feelings for this girl?

*Time skip brought to you by Tony asking you out multiple times over 3 months*

Reader's POV

Over the next few months, Tony asked me out at least ten times. I wasn't convinced that he was serious so I declined each time. I developed feelings for him but I know his reputation with girls, and I don't want to get hurt. I have had that happen to me before and I am not letting it happen again.

I'm not afraid to look insane 'Cause I'm crazy about you

I was walking down the street when I ran into Tony. He smiled when he saw me and ripped off his tuxedo jacket revealing a t-shirt that had a picture of us that was taken at the party. He started dancing and singing causing people to stare. I was just giggling. This was an interesting way of asking a girl out. He's been trying so hard to prove to me that he wanted a serious relationship with me. I shook my head while laughing and we both went our separate ways.

There's nothing that I won't do
Just to make you love me, love me, love me

Tony was doing everything in his power to show me that he was serious. He was ignoring other girls' stares at parties and events. He wouldn't talk to them and he would stare at me. He was determined to make me love him and become his girlfriend. Little does he know that I feel the same way about him, I'm just afraid of getting hurt.