Love In The Dark (Bucky x Reader)

Warnings: FEELS. SO MANY FEELS. I LITERALLY CRIED WHILE WRITING THIS.

Also, I strongly recommend buying the real version of the song or looking it up. I couldn't find it on YouTube but it's beautiful and you should listen to it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reader's POV

"Hey Buck, maybe we could spend the day together tomorrow. We could watch movies together," I suggested as I was laying in bed next to my boyfriend.

"I can't doll, I have a lot of work to do," Bucky replied and he turned away from me and went to sleep.

Have I done something wrong? Just a few months ago everything was perfect between us. We were having fun and we were spending almost everyday together. Bucky and I have been dating for over almost three years now and recently he's been really distant and he doesn't come home till early in the morning. We haven't spent any time together for almost a month. It's been a cycle of him leaving before I wake up and coming home when I'm asleep.

The next morning I woke up to the other side of our bed being empty. No surprise there. I got up and did my morning routine like normal before going and making myself breakfast. Sitting down on the couch, I started to eat my breakfast and I started thinking about what I should do. It didn't take long to reach a decision, I have been trying to deny this for awhile now but I can't deny it anymore, I don't love Bucky anymore, he has been gone and he has successfully pushed me away. I can't stay with him, it would hurt him more than help him.

Standing up, I headed towards our room and grabbed my suitcases and started packing my things. I was packing my things quickly because I can't leave with him here, I just can't.

I was packing my last suitcase when I heard the front door open and shut, heavy footsteps following soon after. Panic started to overcome me and I started to throw my last belongings into my suitcases but I was not quick enough, Bucky was soon standing in the doorway and his eyes widened when he saw my packed suitcases.

"What are you doing doll?" Bucky asks as he starts walking towards me.

"I'm leaving Bucky," I replied simply.

"W-why doll?" Bucky asked, his voice cracked a little bit.

"I don't want to hurt you," I told him and I looked at him, my eyes met his glossy, tear filled blue ones. My heart broke at the sight, I still care for Bucky and I really want him to find someone one day, but I can't stay when I don't feel the same way anymore.

"You leaving is hurting me," he says as he reaches a hand out and he gently touches my upper arm.

"Buck, I can't stay. I know this seems cruel, but I'm honestly being more kind to you leaving than staying," I turned away from him, unable to face him.

"Please don't leave doll, I love you so much," Bucky said and he was crying by now.

"Buck, we haven't spent time together in over a month, you've been gone every night and for the past three months, you have been very distant. You've been pushing me away," I told him.

"Doll, I'm so sorry. I've been a horrible boyfriend. I promise, we can spend the day together tomorrow, I promise we can spend more time together," Bucky pleaded, his eyes red and puffy.

"I'm sorry, I've been trying to deny this for a long time, but I can't anymore. I can't do this to you. I don't feel the same anymore," I looked down, unable to look into his eyes.

"You don't love me anymore?" His voice cracked.

"I can't stay with you and hurt you when I don't feel the same way. Bucky please stop looking at me, I can't leave with you watching me," I told him.

"(Y/N), please stay. I can't lose you doll. Please don't do this to me," Bucky continued to plead.

"Bucky, please stop asking me to stay, I've made up my mind. I can't hurt you anymore," I said and my voice started to crack a little as I was talking. Seeing Bucky heartbroken like this hurt me, I couldn't face him so I turned away and finished packing my suitcase.

"I love you (Y/N)," he croaked.

"Bucky, please stop," I started to cry as I was sipping up my suitcase.

"I'll be a better boyfriend I promise. You make me sane, you are my everything please give me another chance. I'll do anything doll," he sobbed as he was following me around our room as I was gathering my smaller things.

He was trying to hide my things that I was grabbing trying to get me to stay. He kept following me around and pleading for me to stay and give him another chance. Once I grabbed all of my things I put the smaller things in my purse and the suitcase pocket and I grabbed two of my suitcases and started to bring them out of the room.

"(Y/N) please," he cried and his metal hand reached out and he grabbed one my suitcases from my hand.

"Bucky, give me my suitcase," I said sternly and I grabbed it from his hand and walked outside, putting both of them in the trunk of my car. I walked back inside and grabbed the last suitcases I had and brought them to my car all while listening to Bucky pleading.

"I'll do anything doll," he repeated over and over again, my heart broke a little more every time he said it.

"Bucky, please stop. I'm not changing my mind. I can't stay with you, it would only hurt you. You deserve someone who will love you. You need time to work out your problems before finding someone else. I can't hurt you Bucky, I still care for you, I really do which is why I'm leaving. You don't deserve someone who doesn't feel the same way anymore. I'm so thankful to have you in my life, but I need to leave Buck," I cried as I was gathering last minute things from our apartment and packing my car up. I honestly had no idea where I was going to go, but I can't stay anymore.

"I-I love you (Y/N). I was afraid of hurting you, the things HYDRA put into my head are still there. I couldn't live with myself if I hurt you but I'm losing you because of my stupidity. I pushed you away, the love of my life, and now I'm losing you," he sobbed. He sat down on the curb and put his head in his hands and he cried.

"I'm sorry Buck," I said befor getting in my car and buckling up. I started my car and looked out the window one more time witnessing the sight in front of me. Wiping the tears from my face, I turned on the radio to distract myself before putting my car in drive and I driving away and never looking back.