Unraveling (Wanda x Carter!Reader)

Warnings: FEELS. I REPEAT FEELS. FEELS, FEELS AND MORE FEELS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. BEWARE.

General POV

(Y/N) sat in her room of the Avengers facility, looking through dusty old boxes containing the belongings of her grandmother, Peggy Carter. She pulled out old pictures of her from the 40s, some of them including Steve Rogers and she smiled at the pictures. Her grandmother had told her many stories of the super soldier and growing up she always asked to hear more stories, fascinated by them. When she was asked to join the Avengers she said yes immediately and was honored to work with her grandma's old friend. A single tear rolled down her cheek as she looked at the old family photos, one of Peggy holding her for the first time after she was born, another of her on Peggy's back when she was three. One of Peggy showing her to shoot a gun for the first time when she was fourteen. A picture from her eighteenth birthday party where Peggy gave her possibly the best present of all, the medals she earned in the army as well as her first army uniform. A tear dropped and landed on her knee, a few more following soon after.

She tucked away the pictures and belongings she had in her purse, careful not to ruin any of them. She put her hand on a nearby table and stood up carefully, her other hand instinctively going on her swollen stomach. She was six months pregnant with her first child and she was extremely excited and nervous at the same time. A few weeks ago she found out she was having a little girl and she and her girlfriend Wanda, decided to name the little girl Margaret in honor of her great grandmother. Peggy had been one of the most supportive when (Y/N) came out as bisexual. Her parents had a more difficult time with it, but they soon came around and they absolutely loved Wanda and couldn't wait to become grandparents. Not only was Peggy supportive, she had taught her how to protect herself and almost everything she knew to this day.

Flashback

"Are you ready to go milovat'?" Wanda asked the (Y/H/C) as she leaned against the doorway slightly, watching as (Y/N) pull on her shirt and then slip on her sandals.

"As ready as I'll ever be," (Y/N) replied with a smile.

(Y/N) stood up and she walked towards the brunette and kissed her softly before taking her hand and walking with her to their car. She opened the passenger door for Wanda and kissed her cheek when she got in the car. She walked to the driver's side and she buckled up. Turning the car on, she made sure Wanda was buckled before starting it and pulling out of the garage and driving towards the nursing home. Today was the day that she would introduce Wanda to her grandmother. She was excited for Peggy to meet Wanda, but she had an unknown sense of nervousness that was making her stomach turn slightly. She knew that Peggy would love Wanda, but for some reason she was still nervous and she did not have any idea why she was.

End of Flashback

(Y/N) walked out of her room and she got into their car and buckled up. She started the car and and she took a deep breath before driving towards the nursing home. As she drove, she thought again about the day she took Wanda to meet her grandmother. She felt the tears start to roll down her cheeks again as she got closer and closer to her destination. She wished Wanda was here to help comfort her but she had to go on a month long mission, the longest in awhile and the last she was going to take before the baby was born.

Flashback

"You are nervous. I can tell," Wanda chuckled before placing a comforting hand on (Y/N)'s thigh, "I should be the one who is nervous."

"I have no idea why I'm nervous. She is going to love you, I already know it," (Y/N) said, smiling slightly when Wanda placed a hand on her thigh.