See You Again (Steve x Reader)

Reader's POV

Steve invited me to go on a morning run with him. After we finished our run, we both got a text that we had a mission. Natasha pulled up in a black car and we both got in the car, Steve being the gentleman he is, let me sit in the front seat. Once we got to headquarters, Steve got his shield and uniform on while Natasha and I got our catsuits on. Steve knocked on the door checking on us.

"You guys ready?" He asked from the other side of the door.

"In a minute, we are getting our weapons ready," I replied making sure all my guns were loaded and putting them in their holsters. After checking our guns, we grabbed a couple knives just in case.

Natasha and I both walked out and I was fixing one of my guns in its holster, not paying attention to what was in front of me. As I was walking, I bumped into something hard, I looked up to see Steve looking down at me a light blush had creeped on his cheeks. Im sure my cheeks were a deep shade of red. Ever since I had joined SHIELD and The Avengers, I had developed a huge crush on Steve. I doubt he feels the same way about me, but a girl can dream right? We had grown closer and became great friends, which I was content with at the moment.

"I-I'm sorry Steve," I stuttered trying to avoid eye contact.

"It's ok doll," He smiled down at me. My knees went weak every time he called me that, I'm surprised I haven't fallen yet. I backed away from Steve still blushing like crazy, mentally slapping myself for bumping into him. Hearing him chuckle after my actions caused me to blush more so I turned around so he couldn't see my face.

Steve, Natasha, and I walked to one of the jets, boarded and started discussing what was going to happen. Once we were over the drop zone, Steve turned his back towards me, picked me up and went to the ramp. I wrapped my arms and legs tightly around his neck and waist.

"Steve, what are you doing?" I asked starting to get nervous. He didn't answer me, he just jumped out of the plane and tightened his grip on my legs. I buried my face in his shoulder and tightened my grip on him. Soon I felt cold water surround me. Steve grabbed my arm and pulled me up to the surface.

"Did you really have to take me?" I asked still shocked at what had just happened.

"Yes, I need you with me (Y/N)," He told me as he helped me climb the side of the ship. Once we were both on board, we started to fight the pirates and made our way to where the man in charge was. Once we got the hostages out safely and captured the pirates we headed back to the Triskellion. Steve was upset with Fury for not telling him that Natasha had a separate mission besides helping with the extraction of the hostages. I followed close behind Steve trying to calm him down, but it wasn't working, it was like he didn't even know I was there. I gave up and just followed behind Steve silent.

*Time skip brought to you by Thor, Bucky, and Steve dancing to Lips Are Movin*

Steve was letting me stay at his apartment since I was having problems with my water, my heater, and air conditioning. We were walking to his apartment when his neighbor walked out of her apartment. They started talking like I wasn't there.

"You can use my washer if you want?" Steve offered.

"What will it cost?" She asked Steve smiling.

"A cup of coffee," Steve smiled.

"I just got done doing rounds in the infectious disease department," She said.

"I'll keep my distance," Steve said backing up.

"Hopefully not too far," She flirted.

"By the way, I think you left your stereo on," She informed Steve.