Where were you? (Bucky x Reader)

Reader's POV

*Flashback*

I was sitting in my cell in a HYDRA base. I was waiting for them to come down here and bring me in the lab for another experiment. They keep putting different serums into my body trying to recreate a mix of the serum in Steve Rogers, and Bruce Banner. It is a very dangerous combination and I honestly hope they don't get it right. They also are trying to give me powers to make me a killing machine to work with The Winter Soldier.

I heard footsteps and knew that the scientists were coming back to experiment on me again. I don't know how much longer I can take.

"Come on, you need to come to the lab." One of the scientists said unlocking my cell and grabbing my arm harshly. I stumbled up, but followed them to the lab. I was listening to their conversation quietly.

"We need to succeed this time. Especially since The Winter Soldier was captured." One of the scientists said. I couldn't believe what I just heard. Bucky was captured? I had wandered around one day and came across Bucky's file, so I knew his real name and his story. I secretly told Bucky facts about himself. Bucky acted like he didn't remember stuff, although he only had bits and pieces of memories. Bucky and I comforted each other after being experimented on and tortured. Now who was going to help me? I'm all alone now. What am I going to do now?

*End of Flashback*

It has been almost a year since Bucky was saved by SHIELD. I have been listening to conversations while being escorted to the lab for experimenting, trying to listen for any information on Bucky.

We finally made it to the lab so they picked me up and put me on the Coke metal table. They put the straps proud my wrists and ankles. One of the scientists walked out of the room, while the other walked across the room grabbing the tools and syringes filled with different colored serums.

"We are going to try these today. Hopefully some of these will work, and give you powers. We are not going to try any super soldier/hulk serum on you today." The scientist named Jonathan said. He was always nice to me. When HYDRA captured me, they wanted to burn all my belongings, but Jonathan kept them in his office and let me look at them every once in a while.

"Ok. Let's get this over with." I said in a monotone voice.

Jonathan nodded and grabbed the syringe with a purple colored serum in it and injected the serum into my body. A burning feeling went through my veins making me scream out in pain. Jonathan wrote my reaction down on the paper. After writing down what he needed for the purple serum, he grabbed the second syringe that contained a pink colored serum. Once he injected it into my body, I felt a cooling sensation going through my veins. It relieved the burning pain from the first serum.

After all of the serums were injected into my body, my eye lids felt heavy. The last serum must have had a sedative in it. My vision was getting blurry but I was able to see a team of surgeons enter my room.

"No." I said softly before falling under the anesthetic.

*Time skip brought to you by Bucky, Steve, Natasha, and Tony having a chicken fight in Tony's pool*

I woke up very groggy from the anesthetic they gave me. My left arm felt different and cold. I tried so hard to open my eyes but they were still heavy. When I was able to open my eyes a little bit, I was blinded by light.

"You're awake." A cold voice said.

"W-what did you do t-to me?" I asked weakly.

"Why don't you look and see for yourself." He said motioning towards my left arm. I hesitantly turned my head slowly towards my left arm and saw a metal arm in its place.

"Why d-did you do t-this?" I asked tears falling from my eyes.

"Because we need a new soldier. The Winter Soldier failed his mission, we need a new one." He said with no emotion before leaving me alone in the room.

Tears started to fall from my eyes. Why would they do this? The first soldier didn't work, what makes them think making a second one will? The alarms started sounding really loudly. I got really scared. What's happening? Am I going to be saved or killed?

The doors of the lab burst open from being shot. I looked over to see The Avengers and Bucky.

"Bucky!" I yelled as loudly as I could. He looked over and smiled when he saw me but frowned when he saw my metal arm. He ran over to me and took the straps off my ankles and wrists. In one swift motion, he picked me up and carried me out of the base.

"Where were you Bucky? After all this time. I kept telling myself that you would come back for me and save me, but you didn't. It's been almost a year Buck." I said as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"(Y/N), I have been looking for you the entire time. They've been hiding you, every time that we got close, they moved you. I'm so sorry (Y/N). I tried to find you sooner but I couldn't. I knew that it would be a matter of time before they tried to create another soldier. I'm so sorry (Y/N). I promised I would protect you because you helped me." He said tears forming in his eyes.

"Buck, it's ok. I'm fine. You're here now and that's all that matters." I said while wiping away the single tear that rolled down his cheek. I lifted my head up as kissed his cheek.

"They experimented on you. You shouldn't have had to go through that as long, and they gave you a metal arm. They were turning you into another me. But you wouldn't have had anyone to tell you who you were. I had you to tell me, you wouldn't have had anyone." He said.

"Bucky, I knew you would come find me. I still had hope. Stop apologizing already. You're here now and that's all that matters." I smiled at him. I knew that Bucky would come find me. I always knew that he would save me.
~
Hello! Here is a nice Bucky oneshot! I hope you like it! I got called into work tonight, I have no idea when I'm getting off so this will probably be the only thing I'll post for the rest of the day. I will try to write a little bit more but I can't promise anything. Love you guys. 😄

~Haylie ❤️