Chapter Thirty-Two

“You’re so shitting me Necole.”

“Shut the hell up Olivia it’s not that surprising.” I balanced my new phone between my ear and my shoulder to get my bag from over the register.

“I guess, where you at anyways?”

“I’m at the mall with Nathan, well sorta. He basically gave me his card and went to the food court.”

“Damn, that white boy ballin ain’t he?”

“Girl hush up, but where you been at?” I asked her I haven’t seen her since mom was here.

“I’m in Tampa with my boo.”

“Tampa? How the hell did you get up there?”

“Like I said my boo.”

I rolled my eyes, “Whatever, just keep in touch and make sure to keep whoever you’re boo is in check before I do.”

“Don’t I always?”

My cousin was to wild for anyone in the family to handle, but it was hard to keep track of her when she was in another city.

I headed towards the food court, with my many bags. My arms and feet were killing me from being at the mall all day. But I stopped dead in my tracks to see Braxton with…Ava? Oh hell no. I couldn’t help but feel the same emotions I felt the day I caught them together.

*FLASHBACK*

“Hey Brax, It’s Nicky…again.” I looked around from my apartment stairs to check to see his car. “And you still aren’t here, um call me I guess.”

I hung up my phone after leaving my fifth voicemail for Braxton. He was never this late to pick me up. He would usually range from like fifteen to twenty minutes late. But it’s been over an hour and a half, what the hell is taking him so long. After waiting for so long, I decided to go back inside. I picked up my phone again.

“Necole!” Ava answered the phone breathless.

“Um yeah Ava, can you believe that-“

“Necole, It is not a good time…”

“What the hell do you mean it’s not a good time Ava?”

The line went dead. What the hell was she doing that was so important. Suddenly I remember what Evelyn told me a few weeks ago. I went to my room to go get my sneakers. After I put them on I went to go tie my hair into a ponytail. Lucky for Ava, I didn’t live to far from her.

When I got to Ava’s house, low and behold Braxton’s car was parked in the drive way. “

Oh hell-” Instead of banging on the door, I checked if it was locked, which it wasn’t.

“These bitches are going to get what are coming for them.”

I went upstairs towards Ava’s room. I didn’t know if the awkward sounds of Ava make me sick or even angrier. Her sounds got louder with each step. When I finally got to her room, I knew what I was going to see but I wasn’t sure if I was ready to face reality. I slowly opened the door, and Ava’s eyes were the first I made contact with.

She looked dead at me and stops whatever she was doing. Braxton rolled over to see me looking at them both. I stood there for a good minute, before saying anything.

“This you Braxton?” I looked at him.

“Man, it ain’t even like that.”

The Fu-?

“It ain’t like that? Nigga I found you on top of the bitch! What you mean, ‘man it ain’t even like that!’”

“Bitch?” Ava gave me a look with her hand over her bare chest, “Who you calling a bitch?”

“Oh Ava, I’m so sorry. What is thot,hoe or trick better? I so done with both of ya’ll. Braxton- You a bitch. You can’t even man up to just break up with me. And Ava? It’s pretty obvious ain’t it boo.”

“The hell you mean?” She shouted toward me.

“Bitch don’t make me cut your nasty body ass up.”

“Necole baby, come on wake up.”

“Nathan what happened?” I woke up lying on a couch in the middle of a store I had no idea what the name was.

“Apparently you fainted in the middle of the mall?”

“Are you serious? I don’t remember anything, Just that I was trying to find you.”

Nathan bent down to kiss my forehead. “Oh Necole, You know I love you.”

I nodded. “I love you too.”

As we exited the mall the cool breeze on my face, instantly made me feel better. 

“Can I drive?” I asked him as we got closer to his car.

“Necole, you just fainted.”

“Oh come on, I’m feeling better and you live ten minutes from here.” I grabbed his hand and kissed him.

“ Noo, and you aren’t going to sweet talk me either.”

“Please.” I kissed him for a little longer this time. Making my lips linger on his.

He groaned as he handed me the keys.

“ I love you!” I said grabbing the keys from him.

“Yeah, Yeah.” He said putting my bags in his trunk.

I got in the driver’s seat and looked over at him when he got in the car.

“I feel so powerful.” I laughed gripping the steering wheel.

Nathan ran his hands though his hair. “Just be careful with my baby.”

I gave him a look.

“Let me just pray real quick.”

I lightly hit him. “I’m not going to kill you!”

I turned his car on and pulled out of the parking lot.

“See so far so good.”

“Don’t jinx it.”

“Shut the hell up.”

In less than ten minutes, I pulled into Nathan’s driveway.

“It wasn’t that bad was it?”

“You were speeding the whole time!”

 I got out of the car. “I did not!”

"Yes you did." He said getting out the car.

"You're hating because I'm a better driver than you are." I smirked at him.

"Shut up." He laughed.

I gave him a look, "Make me."

He licked his lips. 

"You're on."