Chapter Thirteen.

“Now please welcome your Rivera Raptors!” The junior class president, Samantha Williams shouted through the microphone. The whole auditorium stood up except us, Thank God we were right in the back. 

“What the hell is a raptor anyways?” Evelyn asks crossing her legs, accidentally kicking the person in front of us. “What!” She says craning her neck, when that person finally turned around.

“Ain’t that s Toronto team?” Felicia suggests   “I guess.” Evelyn shrugged.

“I do like the choice of colors this year.” I say tugging on my red shirt. For the last two years we had to wear black, because the underclassmen wore black and the upper-class men wore red. 

“I do feel nice.” Evelyn says smiling.

“Exactly. “ I say. Not even attempting to stand up and look where the rest of school is looking at.

“So,” Felicia turns to me. “What you goin’ do for you your boyfriends birthday.”

I rolled my eyes. “Felicia, that shit is in December.”

“So girl! You need to start preparing from now. It’s the thirty-first you know?” Evelyn puts in.

I gave her a look. “Fine when is it again?”

Now Evelyn gave me a look. “Aren’t you a helluva girlfriend?” She said in a sarcastic tone.

“His birthday is on the 17th the same day as the party.” Felicia grinned.

“But we got automatic invites right? Friends of the girlfriend?””    

“I didn’t even know he was goin’ have a party.” I exclaimed.

“What a shame, you better go find him after this.”

“Whatever” I mumbled. “Whose class do you have after this?” I ask her.

“Mrs. Sinclair, why?” “Nothing, just wondering. Evelyn rolled her eyes. “Go find your boyfriend.”  Evelyn pushes me toward the crowd. I tried to make my way through the bleachers.

“Nathan?” I turned to see a look a like of my boyfriend.

You’re kidding me right? I thought. I’ll never find him. Right when I was about to give up, I found him. “Hey.” I said touching his arm.

“Necole, I’m surprised you found me.”

I shrugged. “It wasn’t that hard.” I smiled. He took my arm and pulled me into a kiss.

“I really don’t what to get into this at school.” I say biting my lip.

“Later then?” I gave him a look. “Maybe, after you tell me about this party you’re having?”  I raised my eyebrow. “Wait I didn’t tell you about that?” He says shouting over the crowd. “No,” I screamed back. “You didn’t.” He pulled me closer so I could hear him better. “Its just a little tradition my brothers and I do on our seventeenth birthday.” He shrugged. “And it didn’t involve telling your girlfriend? And seventeenth? Why not eighteenth?” “I was going to tell you,” He closed his eyes and put a finger on my lips. “But don’t question the legacy.” I rolled my eyes.