Chapter Sixteen.

“He said what now?” Evelyn shouted through the phone.

“Ev! Don’t deafen me child.” I laughed. I sat in a pretzel on my bed, talking to Evelyn for the pass ten minutes.

“My bad girl, but tell me everything.”

“He just told me he loved me, Simple as that.”

“What did you say?”

“Nothing.”

“What!”

“I will hang up this phone.”

“Fine! Go on.”

“Basically he didn’t want me to say it just because he said it, you know?” 

“Yeah, I guess.” I heard the doorbell ring.  “Why do people always come for mom in the morning?”

“Well most humans sleep in, like me.”

I open the door to see Amare. I almost dropped my phone.

“Uh Ev? I…I’ll call you later.”

“Wait what? Necole! What’s going on? You better not-” 

“Hello Amare.” I stood in the doorway. “My I help you.”

“Necole.” He pushed pass me.

“Excuse you?” I blurted.

“So how’s your white boy?”

“He’s name his Nathan, Amare.” I say sternly.

He laughed, and sat down on my couch.

“You still on his white di-”

“Get…Get the hell out.” I swung the door open wider and pointed. “The only thing you bringin’ around here is your drama and I don’t need that shit.”

“Necole,” He sighed. “You don’t mean that girl.”

“Like hell I do.”

“Come on girl, just hear a brotha out.”

I stared at Amare. I finally sighed and closed the door.

“What’s up?” I took a seat right beside him.

“Nah man, what’s up with you?” 

“With my boyfriend I’m guessing. Really Amare I would really love it you could call him by his name not white boy-”

“But that’s what he is ain’t he?”

“-And maybe you guys might even be friends or somethin’?”

“Friends Necole?” He laughed. “You really think that we can be friends or some shit like that.”

“Come on Amare.” I shoved him slightly.

He smiled at me. “Necole, Let me ask you somethin’.” He licked his lips. “I know you got your boy, but are you still feeling me?”

I thought about that for a minute. Amare actually sounded genuine. This ‘thug’ had a soft spot.” But if I was still feeling him? That would be a...”  

Before I could even finish my thoughts, I felt Amare’s lips crashing into mine. This was not like the first time me kiss. His huge frame crushed mine. As hard as I pushed him, He did not even bulge. I felt his tongue force its way into my mouth. Tears escaped my eyes. I was scared how far he would go with this, but I continued with my shoving. Then he pulled back to take his shirt off or his belt, but I didn’t care. I closed my eyes and threw my hand at him, smoothly connecting it with his face. I didn’t even open my eyes to see his reaction. All I felt was his hand doing the same favor I did him.