Chapter Nineteen.

“What’supwherewereyouthesedays?”

Evelyn stuffed more of the food into mouth.

 “You better stap that. Chewin’ on food while you talkin’.” Mya says rolling her eyes.

Evelyn swallowed her food. “Don’t come up here with you fake accent and shit and be talkin’ to me like that.” She turned to me. “How you gon’ be somewhere for about five months and come back with an accent?”

“Give her a break girl.” I said. “How was New York?”

“Good. It is cold though. Nice to wear shorts once in a while.” Mya smiled.

“Didn’t you hear? Necole has a boyfriend.” Evelyn nudged me.

I shook my head. “You missed out on a lot girl.”

“How are you going to chose her over me?”

We turned to see Ava shouting in the direction of Nathan’s table.

“You don’t think I’ll tell her? ‘Cause I will!” Before she could come any closer to my boyfriend, I intervened.

“What da fu-”

“What the hell is going on?” I got up from my table.

“This isn’t any of your business Necole.” Ava snapped.

“That’s my boyfriend and he is my business.”

“Chill out Ava.” Nathan said scratching the back of his ear. He only did that when he was nervous. What was he hiding?

“There you go again trying to protect this trick.”

“Who the hell are you calling me a trick?” I stepped in-between the Nathan and Ava.

Ava rolled her eyes. “Don’t get me started.”

“What the hell are you doing coming in between our relationship anyways Ava?” I crossed my arms.

She looked away and smirked. “Because I have his kid.”

Those five words slapped me harder than anyone else could.

I slowly turned to Nathan.

“You have a kid?” I was choked up on all my tears.

Nathan grabbed my hands. “Necole baby listen I-”

“Don’t touch me.” I got out of his embrace but that did not stop him. He grabbed the sides of my arms. “I didn’t sleep with her when I was with you. I didn’t baby, I didn’t.”

“Don’t feel sorry for her.” Ava said behind me. “She was the one making out with Elijah behind your back.” She laughed.

I shut my eyes and pursed my lips. I felt Nathan drop his hands. “You did what?”

“Nathan I-I it was nothing!” I pleaded.

“And you want to be pissed at me for not tell you my baggage?” Nathan turned to leave.

“Nathan wait!” I tried to grab his arm, but he pulled away.

I heard a loud clap behind me. “Bitch.”

I turned to see Evelyn shaking her hand and Ava bending over covering her face.

“Let’s go.” Evelyn says taking me in her arms.

“Estamos aquí para usted chica” I heard Mya say.

“How the hell did she know about that?” I sobbed.

“I have no idea girl?” Evelyn replied.

“So it’s true?” Mya asked.

“Really girl?” Evelyn rolled her eyes.

“I called Elijah he’s coming to pick you up. I know you wouldn’t want to stay in school with this.”

I tried to smile. “Thanks girl.” I rested my head on my locker. “I knew he was going to find out, just not like this.”

“You ain’t the only one with baggage chica, He has a kid!” Mya says.

She was right.

“Elijah’s at the front.” Evelyn says looking at her phone. “I’ll go tell him you’re out sick.”

Mya took me out to Elijah’s car. “Stay strong chica.” She smiled giving me a hug.

“So what’s up with that?” Elijah looks at me when I get in the seat across from him. “Wait what’s wrong?”  He placed his hand on hand.

“I’m fine.” I smiled. Elijah did not look so sure about it. He took the sides of my face. “You’ve been crying.”

“Elijah it’s nothing.” I tried to avoid his eyes.

“Look at me Necole.” He whispered.

I did. He dropped his hands and put the car in drive.

“So whose ass do I have to kick?”

“Mine. I was the one who kissed you.”

“It was about the dare?” He glanced at me.

“Apparently Ava found out about it and told Nathan.”

“Damn.”

“Damn is right. He couldn’t even look at me. Do you know how that feels?”

“Actually I don’t. Sorry.”

I looked towards the road.

“Where are you taking me?”

“The Pier.”

I nodded. We sat in silence for the rest of the ride.

“Why do you guys call it ‘The Pier’ when it is obviously a beach?”  I asked once we reached there.

“I’m pretty sure Ev named it so you would have to ask her.”

I smiled for real that time. It felt good. Once I got out off the car, I ran out to the water and sat where the water just reached my toes.

“The sun feels so good.” I said closing my eyes. When I opened the backup, I found Elijah shirtless.

“You just couldn’t keep your shirt on around me right?” I winked.

“Your right.” H slid beside me I just couldn’t resist.”

“Who couldn’t?”  I laughed.

He leaned closer towards me and surprisingly I found myself coming closer towards him.