Girlz 'N The Hood

“Nuh,uh Girl, hold my earrings!"

I hear my homegirl, Felicia Torres, command. She has been my girl for many years now and if I got a penny for every time she said that, I would be rich.

Puta, please” Katina held up her long fake nails.

 “Me puse tiempo conseguido para esto

“Girl you can’t even say that shit in English.”

 Mya Alvarez, Felicia’s cousin backed her up.

“Nah Felicia, girls like this will call the police.” I mumbled.

“Like hell I will, I got them on speed dial.” A new voice said. Ava Young stepped out behind Katina. The two inches she had on me was nothing. I could take her down in record time.

“You know who else I have on speed dial?” She nagged.

“Braxton.”

After that one word came out of her mouth, It hit me. I could have swung. I could have hit her, but remembering the name of my first love was enough to hold me back. Every time Ava and I got at it she would bring up the Braxton situation. Reminding me that she slept around with him half of the time when I was dating him.

“Why it gotta be like that.” I scolded.

Ava almost choked on her laughter when she saw the next girl who came in the ring. Evelyn Pace, My best girl. Her curvy 5’6 frame was to die for and more than enough to scare Ava off.

“Is there a problem here? ‘Cause everyone knows I don’t like problems.”

Evelyn turned to me.

“Is there a problem Nicky?”

“I think,” I say mimicking Ava’s high girly voice. “You should ask Ava that question.”

“Good point!” Evelyn exclaimed. “Is there a problem Ava?”

Evelyn asked Ava taking a step with every word.

“N…No! Of course not!”

Ava nervously laughed slowly backing up on her friends and ending up tripping.

“I didn’t think so.” Evelyn rolled her eyes. “I don’t even get the fun out of betting the shit outta them.”

I laughed at my girl.

“And how come you came out so late? I know you the first one to get out of class!”

“Detention”

“Otra vez?” Mya questioned.

“Don’t use that Spanish shit with me girl.” Evelyn says

“She said again.” I filled in.

“’Being rude to the teacher, But ya'll know that heffa don’t like me.”

“You know that’s just a sad excuse to send you out the room.” I laugh.

“You should have put your feet up on the desk and said Bitch no!” Felicia laughed.

“Girl you know I would.” I smirked.

Evelyn laughed. “Girl you need a ride?” She asks me.

“You think I got my own wheels yet?”

“Right.”

We walked over to her Silver Ford Escape courtesy of her new boo.

“I need a man to buy me shit like this.” I laughed, realizing that I sound like a gold-digger.