Chapter Twenty-Nine

“Asia?” I say silently into the phone.

“Necole!” Her cheery voice flowed phone my phone. “How are you? It’s been a while.”

Iyasia Davis was my best friend from elementary back in Chicago, before I moved to Florida. We always visited each other on vacations and kept in touch by calling. I always call her when I was in some type of trouble.

“Nothing much, I just haven’t talked to you in while.” I say looking around my dimly lit room, not knowing how long I would have to stay in this house.

“I guess,” She laughs, “How’s your boyfriend?”

“Good- Iyasia I-”

“I know- I know, you need to tell me something, I know you Necole.”

“I’m just stuck in a situation that I’m not sure how to get out of…”

“Go on” She says.

“ I met this guy, Glyn. And I instantly gained feeling for him and we hooked up one time but I was too drunk to remember-”

“Whoa, were you with Nathan at the time?”

“Yeah but it wasn’t a big deal- I mean it was a big deal but he understands what happened.”

“Oh ok.”

“Yeah and now at lunch I willingly kissed Glyn and I- I don’t know what to do.”

Iyasia was silent. “I feel as if-”

She stopped.

“I don’t really know. You love Nathan. I can tell but with this new guy, you are not sure about how you are feeling. Do you love Glyn?”

“Oh no. No no no no.”

“Then stay with Nathan, only if you know that you’ll be happy with him. But if you think you will be happier with Glyn then go with Glyn.”

“I get what you’re saying but I’m just so confused.” I groan.

“I understand, I be pullin’ too girl.” She laughs. “You aren’t the only one.”

“You are still crazy after all these years.” I laugh.

“Chi-Town keeps the crazy in me, which you wouldn’t know you haven’t been here in a while.”

“I know, I miss it there. How’s Jay?” I refer to our other friend.

“Still breaking girls’ hearts you know, I don’t know what to do with him.”  

“Tell him to watch out when I come up there.” I giggle.

“I will.” She laughs.

 “Go with your head Prince, Not your heart because the-”

“I know, the heart’s deceptive.” I couldn’t help but giggle at my friends infamous quote.

“I love you girl, do the right thing.”

“Love you too Asia.”

I hung up the phone. I looked around my room to see that it looked nothing like it did a month ago. The majority of my stuff was at Evelyn’s house until I knew what my mom was planning on doing, which also reminded me to make another important phone call.

“Hello.”

My father’s deep voice echoed through my phone.

 I cleared my throat. “Hello Melvin.”

“Necole you know I-”

“Where’s my mother?” I demanded over the phone.

I heard a faint woman’s voice on the line. “Necole.”

“Where are you?” I ask her, I feel the tears start to come up in the back of my eyes.

“Necole, I wasn’t really thinking straight.”

“Believe me, I know that for sure.” I roll my eyes. “When are you coming back?”

“I don’t know.”

“Whatever mom, I actually thought that you grew up after having me at a young age, but you stay making the stupidest decisions.”