Chapter Eleven.

Come on Nicky.

Come on Nicky.

Braxton's voice repeated in my head. I didn’t get much sleep last night, So I nodded off in almost all of my classes.

“You ok Necole?” Evelyn asks me.

She isn’t all touchy feely went it comes to these types of things so I decide to keep it to myself.

“Aye girl, you ‘ight?”  Typical Felicia worrying about everyone.

I shrugged it off what is up with everyone asking me what’s wrong. But obviously, Evelyn and Felicia wasn’t the only one.

“Hung over or Knocked up.” Katina laughed to Ava.

“Get it because she-”

“I get it moron.” Ava snapped.

But she played it over with the original tilt and grin we used to do in seventh grade.

Ava watched me intensely as I passed her.

I felt it and I know she did too.

That connection we had when we were best friends back in freshman year.

I couldn’t say I missed them but I could not I didn’t.

“Babe, Are you ok?”

I saw the worried look in Nathan’s blue eyes.

“I’m fine.” I smiled.

I held his hands.

“Do I really look all that bad? ‘Cause everyone’s been askin’ that today.”

“You look like crap.” He laughed.

“What a great boyfriend.”

“Are you going to tell me what’s up?”

“Nathan it’s really complicated.”

“Necole, as my official girlfriend for two months, I need to know what’s been keeping you from…you.”

He kissed my fingertips.

“You’re only doing that to get some ass.”

“That too but-”

My mouth hung open. I know this heffa-

“I’m kidding! But please, tell me.”

I sighed. I shut my eyes as I blurted out everything.

“When I was a freshman, my best friend or well my ex best friend Ava introduced me to this guy Braxton how was her brother’s best friend at the time. Then one thing led to another and then we started dating and like after like a month I slept with him. Which I totally regretted. I mean I thought I was in-love. Then a week later I find out the heffa was sleeping with him like the whole time we were datin’. But stupid ass me didn’t believe it until Evelyn, who is currently my best friend, and I investigated ourselves. I went over her house one day but they didn’t know I was there. I went on upstairs and found the hoe in the act. Damn I wish I could un- see that. But anyways the other day he started to talk to and-”

“Wait he tried to talk to you? Why didn’t you tell me this Necole.”

“I saw selling the tickets for the dance I couldn’t just stop sellin’ them for him.”

“That’s not the point. You didn’t tell me. I’m your boyfriend Necole. I’m here to protect you and when you don’t tell me these things I can’t do my job.”

He leaned his head against mine.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered. “I should have told you sooner.”

I leaned in to kiss my boyfriend.

“Nope.” He put his finger to my lips. “You don’t deserve any kisses at the moment.”

“Hold up. My boyfriend isn’t going to kiss me?”

“Nope. Not until I deserve your rights.”

“Well fine. I’ll just have to find another fine brotha to satisfy my needs.”

I say standing up and crossing my arms.

He grabbed my arm and dragged me back down on the grass.

“Do you know what would satisfy my needs?” He whispered.

“You’re ridiculous, did you know that?”

“I’m a guy. I can’t help myself, especially around you Necole.”

“Stop it!” I say hitting his arm.

“Come on Necole, Your going to want to one day.”

“How could we if you’re still not kissing me!”

“Hopefully you’ll gain your rights back by then!”

I rolled my eyes.

“I’ll wait as long as it takes.”

I felt him grab my hand a little tighter.

“And I’ll be there waiting with you.”