Chapter Twenty-Eight

“Oh shit.” I grumbled. I was late for history class, again

“He’s gon’ kill me.” I say under my breath.

I quickly head to my class, trying not to bump into anyone, too hard. Then just before I see the opening of my history class door, I bump into someone.

“We got to stop meeting like this.” He laughs.

Lord Jesus.

“About last weekend-”

“Glyn, Love to talk, but I’m late.” I blurt out.

 “See you at lunch!”

 I move around him and get into my class right before the late bell rings.

What am I going to say to this boy?

“Hey, are you ok?” Nathan asks me when I get into my seat.

I turn to look at him. “Yeah I’m fine.”

I forgot he was even in this class.

“Can you shut up?” Ava turns to look at me. “I can’t learn.”

“Ava shut the hell up talking to me. Ain’t nobody want to hear you speak.”

Nathan put his hand on me, and I politely shrugged it off.

I thought he liked my feisty side, but whenever I was going off, he thought I was going crazy. He must not be used to dating a black girl just yet.

After class, I went to go talk to my girls. I couldn’t handle my situation all by myself.

“Wait Necole, I haven’t eaten yet.” Evelyn says. “I can’t concentrate without eating.”

I roll my eyes, “Girl bye”

“Don’t start with these side comments” Evelyn smirks, “Now what is your problem? You have two guys wanting to give you the business. Your life sounds prefect to me.” She shrugs.

“I think you should stick with Nathan, you hardly know Glyn anyways.” Mya points out.

“I know,” I mumble. I turn to see Glyn entering the cafeteria. “But he’s gorgeous.”

“That he is girl.” Felicia nudges me. 

“Enough about Glyn, How’s Nathan?” Mya asks.

“He’s fine; He left school with some of his friends.”

“I guess.” Evelyn puts in. “I would have the best of both worlds.

My phone then vibrated.

Hey can we talk?

Its was from Glyn. I turned to look at him to see that he was staring at me. I quickly turned back to my phone and started to blush.

Now?

I texted back.

“Yes, now” He says standing over me smiling. “Hey ladies.”

“You can keep her.” Evelyn says, “But don’t have too much fun.” She winks.

“I’m going to kill you.” I tell her before getting up from the table and joining Glyn.

“Where to?” I ask him.

“Lets go outside.”

I follow him to the cafeteria doors that lead to outside. He sat down on the farthest red bench. I sat beside him.

“About last weekend-” I blurt out.

“It’s fine.” He says, staring at the ground. “If anything I should apologize, I basically took advantage of you.”

“Don’t say that.” I tell him. “ Even if I wasn’t…” I trailed off.

He turned to look at me. “I’m not gonna lie, I like you Necole.”

“Glyn…”

“I know, I know you have Nathan and-”

I grabbed the collar his shirt and pulled him close to me. His warm lips met mine as his arms wrapped around me. Soon the lunch bell rang interrupting our kiss.

He pulled away slowly.

“What does this mean?”

“I don’t know.” I say softly.

He leaned back in and kissed my forehead. “Tell me when you find out.”