Chapter Twenty.

“I don’t know girl. I don’t like the sound of this.” Mya says sympathetically. “He sounds like more of a rebound from Nathan.”

“I know it sounds bad but I feel like I like him.”

“Yes chica hear you, but how do you that? Have you liked him before?”

“I-I don’t know girl!” I groaned as I threw my head back onto my pillows, forgetting I had curlers in my hair. “Ow Shit!” I threw my hand to the back of my head.

 “What about Nathan?” I heard from the other line. “Have y’all talked?”

 I frowned. “Nah, we didn’t.”

“Are you planning to?”

“He has a kid that he was hiding from me-!”

“And you had that kiss with Elijah.” Mya says firmly. “He isn’t the only victim here.”

“I hate you for being right.” I mumbled.

She sighed. “I know.”

I heard someone knock at the door. “I’ll call you later Maya.”

“Bye girl. Call me if anything.”

I left my phone on my bed before getting the door. Already knowing who it was, I opened it.

“Hey.” I smiled.

Elijah bent down to kiss me, but I placed my hand on his hard chest.

I looked at him. “We need to talk.” I stepped out of the doorway so he could come in and locked the door.

“What did I do now?” He sat on the couch. I sat beside him.

“Nothing,” I say putting my hand on his knee. “It’s just that I don’t want to go relationship to relationship, you know?”

Elijah nodded not even attempting to look at me. I sighed. “I mean I like you. Really, like you. But with Nathan and-”

I looked at him to see the same expression. 

“It’s just too complicated.”  I took back my hand and cradled my knees. Then I dropped them. “And your Evelyn’s brother-”

Elijah held my chin and brought his face closer to mine, then moving his hands to the sides of my face. All the thoughts of Nathan ran through my head.

Screw him. His kid. Remember?

I snaked my arms around Elijah’s neck. Soon enough I was on my back with Elijah on top of me. Then I pushed him off. It took me a few seconds to remember what I was doing. Seeing Elijah laying back on the other side of the couch, I laid on him and kissed him again. He played with the loops on my shorts, like a sign that he wanted to take them off.

 I took his hands a placed them around my waist, Still with my lips on his. His hands stayed there for a moment, soon slipping down and squeezing my ass.

“Elijah!” I snapped my head up running my hands through my hair. He shrugged.

“Couldn’t help myself.”

I playfully slapped his cheek. “You so bad.” I laughed.

I got off him. “Ight now go. I’m done with you.” I smirk.

He put his hand on his chest. “So it’s like that?”

“Yes, It is.” I opened the door for him.” Now go.”

He walked towards the doorway. “So what does this mean?”

“What does what mean?” I ask still holding the door.

“Between us.”

I pushed him out the door. “The same it’s always been.” I slammed the door.

“Nothing.”