Nathan's P.O.V

“Damn Necole.”

“Who?” Alyssa pushes me off her.

“Alyssa, Baby I said Alyssa.” I say to her caressing her shoulder.

She slapped my hand. “No you didn’t. This isn’t the first time Nathan. I do whatever you like. Why can’t you just get over her?”

Because I love her. I say at the back of my head.

I shrug. I felt bad not only was I hurting Alyssa, I was hurting myself.

“Alyssa, I’m over her ok?” I run my hands through my hair the sigh heavily.

“Listen I gotta go.”

I get out of my car and head to the school door, This really wasn’t worth skipping lunch.

“Have you seen Ava?” I ask everyone that passes me.

“Um I think she just went to the bathroom actually.” One of the girls in my homeroom tells me.

I head over to the bathroom just in time to catch Ava walking out.

“Oh Nathan,” She says seductively. “Haven’t seen you in a while.”

“I know it’s not true Ava.”

“What’s not true? About your kid? We had sex Nathan it is possible.”

“But the last time I had sex with you was over a year,” I step closer towards her. “I think you been had the baby by now.”

“Maybe if you were here earlier-.”

“Give it up Ava. I know this is an act.”

“Nathan, You were up in Ohio! What was I supposed to do?”

“Wait Ava- did you…?”

“Yes! I did! I had an abortion OK? The father was thousands of miles away and I couldn’t do it alone.”

“But why did you bring it up with Necole?” I was curious to know.

“Because you’re hers!” She screams, a tear makes it way down her face. “Because you’re hers, but,” She wipes her face quickly. “You aren’t together anymore, so in the end I win.” Ava turns on her heels and walks in the other direction.

I stand there where she left me still confused about what she said. “Because you’re hers.”Ava wanted an excuse to be with be putting Necole out of the picture. I didn’t sign up for that when I hooked up with Ava. If Necole did that, it would be a different story.

I took off in the direction Ava went, I tried to think of Necole’s classes so I could find her. She wasn’t at lunch because I know I would have seen her.

“Some of those ghetto girls got in-school suspension, I mean how dumb can they get?”

I remembered the conversation I had with Alyssa not too long ago. Now that I think of it, I don’t know what made me find her attractive. I went over to the front office.

“Where’s the ISS room?” I ask the woman at the front who actually resembles Alyssa. Now it hits me, Its Alyssa’s mom. I pray she doesn’t recognize me, and thankfully she doesn’t.

“It’s down that hallway.” She groans as if she gets that question a million times a day.

Before I even reach the hallway, I couldn’t help myself to shout Necole’s name, and it never felt so good.

One of the doors open and Necole peeks out. “Nathan what are you doing here? You could get in trouble-”

I cut her off by kissing her; I cup my heads around her face and mold my lips to hers. At first, she was still, shocked even. Then she moved her arms around my neck.

“I'm sorry Necole.” I say in-between kisses. “I’m so so sorry.”  

“I’m sorry too.” She says looking up at me her eyes shining with tears.

“I love you girl.”