Chapter Twenty-Two.

“Necole girl, Can you pick me up?”

“Felicia?” I say rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I looked over at the clock in the living room, It was 6:34.Evelyn and I must have crashed on the couch. “Is that her?” Evelyn says with her eyes half closed. When I nod, her eyes snap open.

“Felicia? Felicia! Where the hell have you been?” Evelyn grabs the phone from me. We had Felicia’s whole hood searching for her she has been missing without a trace.

“Jail! I just got out of jail!” She cries into the phone. “They held me over night; I had no idea what the hell they had me in there for!”

I grabbed the phone back. “Who the hell would want to put you in jail?”

“Who do you think?” She lowered her voice.

“Damn it man.” I complain. “All this shit with Ava is driving me crazy man.”

I put my hands on my temple and look over at Evelyn. “What we gonna do?”

“Well Nicky, I don’t know what you’re going to do what I’m going to beat a bitch.”

“Whatever you do,” Felicia says from the other line. “Do it after you pick me up.”

“Done.” I close the phone. “Let’s go.”

The ride to pick up Felicia was a silent one. I didn’t know what was going on in that little brain of Evelyn’s.

“When did you first do it?”

Evelyn swerved the car. “What?”

“Your first time, when was it?”

“Where the hell did that come from girl?” She let out a little chuckle.

“I was just wondering.”

“Why?”

“That’s something I should know.”

“Girl you actin’ like you my man.” She laughs. “But I was fourteen, over the summer break.”

I nodded. Evelyn wasn’t the type of person you would talk about that stuff with. I just wanted to break the ice.

“There’s our jailbird.” Evelyn pulls over and comes to a stop. Felicia looks paler than ever and her eyes look dull.

“Hey.” Is all she says when she gets into the truck.