Chapter Three

"Did you get his locker number?"

"Yah It's 4102"                            

"Wait you got his locker number?" May exclaimed. "Isn't that illegal."                          

  "It would be "illegal" if we got his combination."                            

"And girl you gotta loosen up a bit if you wanna be in this crew."Evelyn   threatened.                            

"4100. 4101. Found it 4102." I slipped the note with my address in the locker.                         

"Necole?"  

"Hey Nathan I was just Uhh just trying to give you My address." I smiled.

"Oh cool." he said easing his way through his locker.                                      

"Well we’ll catch up to you later."                                    

"Wait, why don't I just take you in my car? Save gas." He smiled.                  

His guy was on his A game this week.                    

  "Good Idea."                        

"You've got it bad Nicky." Evelyn says once we are out of ear shot  "

Girl please, no I don't."                  

"He's got you sprung."                  

"Girls! No I do not! We are just partners!"                  

"Mmhm whatever you better call be for feedback."Evelyn says walking away.                  

"Ready to go?" Nathan says running up behind me.                        

"Whenever you are."                        

"I hate pre-calculus!" I complained. " How do you this shit on a poster!" I say getting up from the old couch and on to the carpeted floor.                    

That made Nathan laugh.                

“Well it was kind of confusing when I first started. But when you do it this way."                

He leaned on the poster and scribed some numbers down.It was kind of hard to see by the dull light in the living room, But when I peered closer I got it.                      

"Oh,Well that changes things." I looked up at him and smiled.                    

He returned the favor by leaning over and kissing me.                

All I could smell was his cologne when he closed the space between us. He placed  his hand on my cheek and  his heavy embrace forcing me to lean back onto the couch. I responded almost immediately, surprising myself in the process. The  touch of his lips ,softer then she could imagine.                      

  "Nathan.We...I-" I say breathless                      

"Do you want me to stop?" He asked.                      

His blue eyes searched mine for an answer.                        

My heart took over and answered that for me.                    

  "No." I barely whisper. "Don't stop."                        

I was surprised I said that too.                        

"Then told me he wanted to get to know me better and that we should hang out more. Can you believe that?I would have betted on him tearing my clothes off not coming close to saying that."                      

"Hang out more? That sounds like an invitation to tear your clothes off another  time."                         

"Why y'all gotta make it sound so nasty! I think... Nathan's different."                        

"Different? Girl please. Different."                          

Even over the phone, I could tell that Felicia was rolling her eyes.                        

"That's because he white." Evelyn says.                        

"That ain't it Evelyn."                          

"Girl you know it's true, most brotha's don't play with that kind of things."                                

"That's because the only thing brotha’s play is games."