Chapter Twenty-Six

“No.”

I slam my locker shut. “We aren’t officially back together.”

“Oh hell no.” Evelyn sighed. 

I tried to balance my heavy books in my arms. “I’m not taking an apology for an invitation to be his girl again.”

“But it kind of was though girl, you got to read in-between the lines.” Mya puts in.

I rolled my eyes. “But I want it separate, I can only ask for so much-”

It was that second that made my books crumble to the floor. I felt a warm embrace of a stranger in front of me before reaching towards my scattered books.

“Shit. Look I’m real sorry.” The stranger said getting my books.

“No its fine.” I brush my hair out of my face before retrieving my books.

Beautiful.

Just Beautiful.

His hazel eyes sparked as his handed me my books, I couldn’t take my eyes of them.

“Are you new?” I stutter out. “I-I just haven’t seen you around.”

“Yeah.” He nods. “I’m Glyn.” He sticks out his hand, and then starts to blush. “You look a little pre occupied with all those books, do you need help?”

“Oh no.” I shake my head. “I couldn’t do that you probably don’t even know your way around here-”

He took two of the three books out of my arms. “Try me.” He winks.

“Where are you from?” I ask him as we made our way down the halls.

“New York.” He smiles.

“I knew I heard an accent,” I laugh. “I always wanted to go there.”

“It’s beautiful, but Florida is-”

“Hot.” I finish for him.

“Something like that.”

When we got to my class, I carefully took back my books. “I really appreciate it Glyn.” I smile at him.

“Anytime,” He turned from me but it wasn’t long before he turned back. “You still didn’t tell me your name.”

“Necole.” I shout down the hall.

“Oooo Bitch.” Evelyn laughs. “It looks like you wouldn’t mind not getting back with Nathan yet.”

“I don’t know what your talkin’ bout, I love Nathan. Ya’ll know that.”

“That don’t mean nothin’” Mya rolls her eyes. “You can still have feelings for someone else.”

“Don’t- Don’t That’s Bullshit.”

“No”

“What! Why not?”

“I want it more believable, Try again.” I smile

“Necole Prince- or should I say Thomas.” Nathan winks, “Will you be my girlfriend?”

“No-” I laugh before he cuts me off by kissing me.

“Will you now?” He asks.

“Hell yeah.”

“Finally this bitch.” Felicia laugh.

I walk over to my friends. “It’s official.”

“Did you tell Glyn?” Evelyn smirks.

“No, I don’t know that brotha like that, he doesn’t need to know my business.”

“That’s what you say now.” Mya says under breath.

What is that supposed to mean?