Chapter Nine

Dedicated to cobraxxstarshipx for the cover.

Not edited.

Chapter Nine: (Lexi’s POV)

Something strange was going on. As I walked into the cafeteria the first thing I noticed was Tyson sitting at a bloody table with Bentley. When did Bentley even start sitting inside, he usual sat outside. Trying to act like it didn’t hurt me that the person I thought was my best friend was sitting with my enemy, I held my head up and payed for my food. I spotted Holly sitting at a table with Josh and a group of people I had never met.

She spotted me as I walked towards her and motioned for me to sit down. I smiled in thanks at her before taking the spare seat next to her.

“Everyone this is Lexi, Lexi this is everyone.” She introduced. I waved at everyone before biting down on my sandwich. I couldn’t be bothered talking to everyone so I just sat in silence and half listened  to what they were saying. It wasn’t until they fell silence that I looked up questioningly. Holly motioned for me to look behind me where I saw Bentley and Tyson standing, watching me.

“Why aren’t you sitting with us Lex?” Tyson asked sounding a little hurt.

“Bentley and I don’t really get along. I won’t be sitting anywhere with him until he learns to control himself.” I told him truthfully, watching as he looked between then two of us before cracking up. Bentley looked at him as if he was crazy.

“She’s the girl that you were telling me about?” he clarified in-between chuckles. “Half the world could tell you that she doesn’t fall for boys.”

“Well the whole of this school could tell you that no girl rejects me,” Bentley fought back.

“Obviously Lexi did.”

“Shut up,” Bentley punched his shoulder before turning around and heading back towards his table.

“What do I have to do to get my bestest friend in the whole world to come and sit with me?” Tyson asked squatting down so we were face to face.

“Get rid of Bentley,” I told him. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He nodded and stood up before walking back to his table. I thought for a second that he was going to sit back with the boys until he grabbed his tray and bag and walked back towards me. Because there was no spare chair he placed his food on the table before picking me up and placing me back on his knee.

Holly looked at us weirdly, raising her eyebrows as if saying ‘you’ll be telling me about this later’ before turning to talk to Josh.

I know this should probably feel awkward, you know sitting on a really hot boy knee but it didn’t. This is how Tyson and I relationship was, he was like my brother. I leant back against his shoulder and watched as he introduced himself to everyone else.

“So how do you know each other?” Holly asked turning back towards us. she placed her elbow on the table and rested her head in her hands. I elbowed Tyson in the stomach, motioning for him to explain.