Chapter Fifteen

Not edited

Chapter Fifteen:

(Lexi's POV)

For some unknown reason Tyson was acting weird. Usually we were close but now it was like he wanted to be extra close. He wouldn't leave my side and he wanted to do everything for me. I was trying to be kind and caring, maybe he was just going through a faze. 

"Come on Lex time for school!" He yelled up the stairs. It was Thursday and Tyson had been driving me to school every day. Bentley and I had been going out for almost a week and because of Tyson he hadn't driven me once. I could tell Bentley was trying to be nice to my best friend but I also could tell that he was getting sick of him. Every time Tyson would say that he was taking me somewhere, Bentley would clench his teeth and wrap his arms around my waist. It was like I was a way of calming him.

"So what are your plans for tonight?" He asked as we pulled out the drive way. I finished tying my shoelace before turning to look at him.

"I'm going out with Bentley," I waited for his reaction, I really hoped he wouldn't mind. 

"Oh yeah, what are you doing?" 

"I think we are going to the movies and then going out for tea." 

"Well I’m not doing anything, mind if I tag along?" I groaned quietly. I knew he was going to ask me that. Didn't he realise that I wanted some time alone with Bentley. 

"Ty you know I love you." I started.

"It sounds like there’s a but about to come in here," he muttered clenching his hands on the steering wheel. Why was he getting so worked up?

“I’ve been hanging out with you all week and I haven’t even hung out with Bentley once, I need some time alone with him.”

“And I’m your best friend you should take the time to hang out with me too,” he retorted. I stayed quiet refusing to talk to him as we drove to school. When we parked I jumped out and slammed the door shut storming towards the school. Just a few seconds later he was by my side pulling me to a stop.

“Please don’t be angry,” he pleaded.

“Well then don’t act like I spend no time with you.” He frowned and loosened his grip on my arm. “What’s wrong Tyson why are you acting so clinging all of a sudden?”

“I’m just trying to be a good friend Lexi, he’s not the type of boy you should be going out with.” He growled.

“And who do you think I should be going out with?” I asked folding my arms across my chest. He looked at the ground, I’d seen that face far to much. If I didn’t know any better I would think that he wanted me to date him.

“Do you think I should date you Tyson? Is that what you are saying?” I snapped. Ever so slowly he raised his head to look at me. When he was looking at me in the eye, I raised my hand and punched him straight in the nose. He hissed in pain and cradled his nose as blood seep down his face.

“You piss of shit. How dear you think that you are better then Bentley. You don’t deserve to go out with me!” I yelled, not caring that half the student body was listening.

“Yes Lexi I do think I’m better then that cheating asshole that you  are dating. Do you know why?” He yelled back. “Because I know everything about you, I know your likes and dislikes. I can make you happy.”  

I scoffed and had to restrain myself from punching him again.

“You call him a cheating asshole, well that’s bloody rich coming from the boy that broke my heart.”  I turned around and stormed into the school. I headed towards the cafeteria where Bentley was sitting with his group of friends. He must of seen my facial expression because even before I had reached his table he was up and hurrying towards me. Instead of talking he wrapped his arms and around my waist and pulled me towards him.