Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten:

(Tyson’s POV)

“Where have you been?” I heard my father yell as I stepped in the front door. Crap I thought they would both be out. Sighing loudly I slowly made my way to the kitchen. My mother was leaning over the stove stirring of something whilst my father sat at the kitchen table, a beer in hand as he flicked through the news paper. When I entered the room they both turned towards me, ignoring everything else they were doing.

“Are you going to answer your father?” Mum placed her hand on her hips and scowled down at me. “Were you with Lexi?” she asked. I nodded and waited for her to yell at me or something.

“If you must know yes I was,” I mumbled. Her expression hardened and she shook her head.

“That girl is bad news; I don’t want you getting mixed in with her.”

‘Just because you want something doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. Now I’m grabbing some gear and leaving.” I told them before turning and heading back up the stairs. One of them yelled something along the lines of “This isn’t the end of this” as I slammed my door shut.

Last night had been one of the best in a while. Lexi and I stayed up late talking and watching movies, just like old times. After being apart for a while we had a lot to catch up on. Sometime after midnight we had fallen asleep together, huddled up under a mountain of blankets. When I had woken up in the morning she had been resting her head on my chest with my arms wrapped around her waist. For the first time in forever I had woken up feeling refreshed and ready to go.

It wasn’t till after we had gone to school that I had asked her to bring me home. At the start she had looked upset as if I was abandoning but after I reassured her that I was just getting my bag she was more then willing.

Pulling the strap of my bag over my shoulder I opened my window and swung down off the tree branch landing on the ground with a thump. I wasn’t really worried that my parents were going to care that I was sneaking out it was just that I couldn’t be bothered arguing with them. Everything I said seemed to start an argument, if we didn’t have the same brown hair and green eyes then no one would every think that we were related.

Good old Lexi still had the car going, I jumped in and threw my bag into the back seat.

“Ready to go?” She asked a sympatric smile on her face. Out of all my friends she was the only person that knew how much I hated my parents. I smiled back at her and nodded.

We drove in silence as I thought about my parents. About the way that they seemed ruin everything. Every time something good in my life came along they were there to try and put rules in place that were going to stop me from doing what every it was. The key word there is try, nothing they said actually made any effect on my life.

We didn’t say anything until we reached her house. I could tell that she didn’t want to bring up anything that could set me off. Lets just say that my parents were a very sensitive subject.

“Ty are you alright?” she whispered as I started to head up the stairs. I turned around and noticed her looking up at me. I retraced my steps and stood in front of her; I slipped a lock of black hair behind her ear and pulled her in for a hug.